Sudden drop in performance.

Theme is loading so slow

Theme was working fine with the majority of my products imported, once the import finished it became really slow.

Without changing anything and simply disabling the theme, the site speed is perfectly fine.

Theme and WP are up to date

Upon futher investigaiton, using query monitor, the usage problem is with this line of code. In theme-functions.php

if i comment it out, its loading okay

Comments

• Hey,

Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• The function attachment_url_to_postid() retrieves an image's ID from the database based on its URL. This ID is necessary to assign metadata to it, such as size and alt tags.

This function, being a WordPress core function, unfortunately, has performance issues on huge tables https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41281

I see that your store has over 30,000 products. You can speed up its execution on the database side by adding an index to the meta_value column.

Many images are still linked to our server, which can further slow down the search.

We could also add an option in a future version to turn off ID checking for large databases, but then images will lose metadata such as dimensions and alt, which is detrimental from an SEO point of view.

Best regards

• If i use a differnt theme or disable your one, I dont get this problem.

Do you think it could be to a setting or somthing?

I will have to change the theme if this cannot be resolved

• As I mentioned in my previous message, we could add an option to disable ID checking for large databases, but images will lose metadata like dimensions or alt, which are crucial for SEO.

Best regards

• I'm aware that its crucial for SEO.

The question im asking is why does it only happen on BeTheme?

When disabling BeTheme and using a default one or even XStore them, it works fine, but ive already invested a lot of time setting it up that i don't want to have to start again

Please can you suggest somthing

• That is because other themes do not add these data to images.

So, I get it right, that you want us to add an option to omit ID check on your website?

Best regards