Cutomizing template to use Mega Menu with all it's functionality?

Hello, I'm a newbie to BeTheme. We do, however, have some experience with Wordpress and especially Mega Menu from other projects.

So we are currently using the 'ecofood3' and think it looks really nice.

However, we want to replace the 'hamburger' menu completely with a from-scratch Mega Menus.

But, no matter what I do in the Builder or anywhere else, I can't figure out how to simply tell the ecofood3 template to open a custom Mega Menu when the hamburger menu is clicked?

When clicking on "Menu & Header" in the Builder, I only get the message

-----

Your site uses Templates for Header.

Some options from the Theme Options may not work because they don't affect Templates.

-----

And all options are greyed out.

I am guessing this means that I can't do bigger changes becuse we are using a pre-built template? So what can I do? Is there a way to 'unlock' the ecofood3 template for editing? Or can I clone it?

Comments

• Hi,

Do you have any examples showing what you want to achieve?

I do not want to misunderstand you.

Best regards

• THnk you for your interest!

We set up 'Be', an chose the 'ecofood' template, beacuse it suits our needs.

However, when someone clicks on the 'hamburger menu' button the the header, this template shows a 'side panel'.

We want to change this so that it shows a big horizontal "mega menu" of all our product categories. We hav worked with "mega menu" in the past, and know how to do that in mega menu. But I can't find the way to tell the template to fire off the mega menu when the hamburger menu was clicked.

I have manged to change the action from "side panel" to "menu", but it's an ugly vanilla menu.

I can see quite a lot of options in the Be Builder, but they are all grayed out, because we are using a template.

All online resources that I have seen about Be/Mega Menu seem to say that one should design the header from scratch. Is there no way to modify the template?

• Header Builder has a couple of pre-built layouts you can choose from.

For the Mega Menu that opens by clicking on a hamburger menu, you must create a regular menu with the hamburger menu icon, and assign Mega Menu to it. To create a menu item without text you must insert empty character into it:

https://emptycharacter.com/

Best regards