Site goes down when I update https://thembsconnection.com/

This is the error rom hosting. When I update the site goes down. you have version 26.8.5 installed. Update to 27.5.

System (InMotion Hosting)

Jul 6, 2024, 10:21 PM EDT

(9:56:42 PM) *** Debbie Collins joined the chat ***

(9:56:42 PM) Debbie Collins: Verification Code: VCMZWDGC

What can we help you with today? Technical Support

What type of technical support do you need? Website Issues

https://thembsconnection.com/ -the website is not working Im getting

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

(9:57:08 PM) Debbie Collins: There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress. https://thembsconnection.com/

(9:57:10 PM) Anthony G.: Hello, thanks for contacting Support. My name is Anthony and I am happy to assist you today!

One moment while I review your inquiry.

(9:57:16 PM) Anthony G.: Hi Debbie, sorry to hear about the site issues. Were any recent changes made to the site as far as you're aware before the issue started? Or none that you know of?

(9:58:03 PM) Debbie Collins: I had problems with the B-theme early this week when I updated it. Fixed it and know again It is not working.

(9:58:23 PM) Anthony G.: OK thanks for the information. Taking a look into this now please allow me 5-7 minutes

(10:02:11 PM) Debbie Collins: okay

(10:06:04 PM) Anthony G.: Thanks for your patience, Debbie. It does look like Betheme is causing the critical error. I did attempt to create a database backup, then I deactivated all the plugins on the site. Despite doing that, the critical error still showed. You may want to reach out to the theme developers for further insight on the error but in the meantime I can switch to a different theme to see if that at least allows you to access the dashboard (though it may cause the site to load incorrectly). 

The Critical Error is:

Warning: require_once(/home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/inc/pamtillwell_users_profile.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/functions.php on line 2

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '/home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/inc/pamtillwell_users_profile.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/functions.php:2

Stack trace:

#0 /home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-settings.php(663): include()

#1 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php(1349): require('/home/thembscon...')

#2 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php(1267): WP_CLI\Runner->load_wordpress()

#3 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Bootstrap/LaunchRunner.php(28): WP_CLI\Runner->start()

#4 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/bootstrap.php(83): WP_CLI\Bootstrap\LaunchRunner->process(Object(WP_CLI\Bootstrap\BootstrapState))

#5 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/wp-cli.php(32): WP_CLI\bootstrap()

#6 phar:///usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar/php/boot-phar.php(20): include('phar:///usr/loc...')

#7 /usr/local/bin/wp-cli.phar(4): include('phar:///usr/loc...')

#8 {main}

thrown in /home/thembsconnection/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/functions.php on line 2

Error: There has been a critical error on this website.Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress. There has been a critical error on this website.

(10:07:55 PM) Debbie Collins: Can you tell me what version of the btheme is running

(10:08:56 PM) Anthony G.: The active theme (betheme-child) is 26.8.5

(10:08:56 PM) Anthony G. uploaded: image.png

URL: https://inmotionhosting.zendesk.com/attachments/token/hqGM8HzuY5WARkI83Npbk8VbC/?name=image.png

Type: image/png

Size: 13474

(10:09:51 PM) Debbie Collins: how can I get into the backend

(10:10:46 PM) Anthony G.: I could try to change the theme to betheme (the one that's on 27.5 in the screenshot to see if that allows access. Otherwise, we may need to install the default Wordpress theme temporarily so we can switch to that

(10:12:07 PM) Debbie Collins: I purchased a new license but I did not updated unless one of my staff updated it. wonder if we deactivate the plugin what would happen. yes your idea may work to.

(10:13:20 PM) Anthony G.: Would you like me to try switching to the betheme parent theme that's on 27.5?

(10:13:26 PM) Debbie Collins: okay

(10:14:18 PM) Debbie Collins: can you wait one minute as I have manage wp and I;m going to see if I can get a backup

(10:14:25 PM) Anthony G.: Sure, I'll standby

(10:16:49 PM) Debbie Collins: its restoring from July 3rd backup i will let you know when done may take 5 - 7 minutes

(10:17:10 PM) Anthony G.: OK sure, thanks for the update

(10:20:56 PM) Debbie Collins: okay that worked. Thank You, manage wp is a great tool for these problems,

(10:21:48 PM) *** Debbie Collins left the chat ***

Comments