Product Search Not Working if only contains 2 letters

Hi, my website is ose.co.id, I'm using BeTheme for the website.

The problem is when I try to search products, if its only contains 2 letter, the search return no result.

For example, I want to search "AC Sharp" the word AC seems like not detected by the search form, so it return all product contain "Sharp"

Same case with, I want to search "TV 42" the result will return 0. It will be different if I type "TV 42 inch" all products that contain inch will be displayed.

Can you fix it? Or there's any settings to fix it?

I already try install Relevanssi and other search plugin, seems no clue.

my settings now:

Comments

• Oh, if i search from Live Search, it displays the data I want such as "TV 43" but after I hit Enter, the result is still 0

• Hello,

Please turn off all of the plugins, refresh your cache, and check if the problem persists.

Moreover, if you use a child theme, switch to parent, and recheck it.

Thanks

• Hi,

Problem still exist.

Also, I want to ask is there any ways to change the search function from OR to AND?

• 1) I rechecked that and the result page is not empty.

Did you handle this?

2) No there is no option to change that.

Best regards

• Hi,

I didn't change anything. But yes "tv 43" is working, I don't know why.

But still when I try to search "AC Sharp" the result will display all "Sharp" brands. As you can see 2 first product does not contain AC but still displayed.

• Please activate another theme like Twenty Twenty-Four and check how it works there.

It is a WooCommerce search and we do not modify it anyhow.

Best regards

• Hi,

I think it's the same. So may I know what function for search I have to modify to search the product using AND clause? Is mfn_search still used right now? I want to try changing the function in functions.php

• What you ask for requires file customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. http://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy

So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:

Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customization services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio.

Thanks