Can't Access WP Admin....Siteground Says Betheme!?

Hello Friends!

Let's get right to the point! Earlier today while normally operating our WordPress site, we tried accessing our wp-admin and kept receiving an error. I contacted Siteground right away and they said they would look into the issue.

I have a problem accessing the WordPress dashboard,

Wordpress Error when accessing wp-admin sign-in screen

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/customer/www/ghostvapors.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 593

They had a Senior Technical Support Personal Look into the issue and said it was the theme causing the issue below:

The problem comes from the theme itself. I tried to apply various solutions but to no avail. I have also increased the PHP memory limit to 4GB which can be confirmed by the PHPinfo script I just created for you: Unfortunately the memory cannot be detected by the theme successfully and now the error is:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1907200000) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/customer/www/ghostvapors.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 593

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Sometimes a blank page is being thrown.

I have temporarily set the twentytwentythree theme and the admins started working successfully. 

Comments

• Hello,

It looks like the problem is with the latest WP version (6.1) and the older BeTheme version.

To fix that, upload the latest version of BeTheme the ThemeForest. After that, you will get your wp-admin to work correctly.

Please be sure that you upload the theme files which are downloaded today.

Thanks

• The problem is that I have so many sites running BeTheme, in total 11 purchased licenses. Each one of them has an indidual licensing number but how can I remember which is which? Is there no way to update the sites within Wordpress as it is normally done?

I have also used the Wordpress CSS editor A LOT!!! On all the sites there are also references to spesific parts of each site, for example:

body.page-id-2 .mcb-section-66102c21e { }

Do I have to temporarily save these css files to text files to be sure nothing goes wrong? And do those section numbers change when downloadina an altogether new file as the theme? I mean it will be a lot of work to go through 11 x 800-1000 rows of css (even though I'm fast) in case this causes problems.

I would be really grateful for a little more straight forward solution and/or advice so I dont drown in non-paid work!

br

henna

• Hello @HennaRai,

1) If you want to manage your license key and check which one is assigned to which domain, head to this topic: https://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest.

There you will find instructions and a link to our license tool.

2) If you do not have access to the WP dashboard, then there is no other way to update Betheme, unfortunately.

3) The CSS in Appearance -> Customize is stored in the database, so it will not be lost after the update, so you do not have to worry about it unless you modify the database. Of course, to be 100% sure and secured you can create a backup.

Thanks