How to use advanced options in button element

edited September 2023 in BeBuilder

Hey,

I couldn't find any documentation on the advanced options of the buttom element (s. screenshot). How am I supposed to use the Download field?

I tested around a bit, but nothing made sense.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

In the link field of the Button, put the link you want to be downloadable.

Then, in the Download field, put the downloaded file's name. So, if you want to give people an option to download an image.png then in this field put the same name.

I hope it is more clear now. If you have additional questions or you are still unsure about this, please let me know.

Best regards

• Not yet. ?

When adding only the url it works. What would be the benefit of putting the filename there?

• If you do not fill Download field, then the link you put for this button will not download this file but will open it.

Also, with it, you can change the file name. Let's say that file in the media has the name "my-website-image0001.png" you like it as it is on the website, but you want to give people an option to download it, but with a different name. You can type a new name there, so the downloaded file will not be "my-website-image0001.png" but e.g. "beautiful-landscape.png"

Best regards