Critical Issue - BeTheme

Hey,

we have BeTheme installed on a lot of Websites for our customers.

We have this problem on a website.

After we install BeTheme once again, the issue is gone but the problem comes back after 5-8 hours.

We can fix it but dont have any clue where the problem can come from. Can you help us?

Comments

• Hey,

Please send us the WordPress dashboard and FTP access privately through the contact form, which is on the right side at https://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!

Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Sending incorrect or incomplete data will result in a longer response time.

Therefore, please ensure that the data you send are complete and correct.

Thanks

• Hey Phil,

I sent you the WordPress Access and the ftp access to have a look. I also have additional Debugging Plugins installed but i cannot locate the issue.

After installing BeTheme again the issue disapears but comes back after a few hours.

Today I got this screen:

Now it works again after reinstalling BeTheme 5 minutes ago. But I am sure the problem will come back again.

So please have a look at the page.

• Are there any steps to reproduce this issue?

While it is working as it should, we are not able to locate the source of your problems.

Best regards

• We have to wait. But its a website from a customer of us. We can not leave the website down...

The issue occurs since the latest update.

• https://upgrademedia.de/wp-admin/?quicklook=1&debug=view&nonce=9f0db0e968

Can you see this file? It is the debugging file where you see all the errors.

• It mostly refers to the plugins.

Please disable the plugins mentioned there, and the problem should be gone.

Best regards

• no, i dont think so.

the mayor problem comes from this line here:

[12-Aug-2024 07:41:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_html_classes() in /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-content/themes/betheme/header.php:15

Stack trace:

• #0 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-includes/template.php(810): require_once()
    • #1 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-includes/template.php(745): load_template()
    • #2 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-includes/general-template.php(48): locate_template()
    • #3 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-content/themes/betheme/page.php(10): get_header()
    • #4 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('/homepages/25/d...')
    • #5 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/homepages/25/d...')
    • #6 /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/index.php(17): require('/homepages/25/d...')
    • #7 {main}

thrown in /homepages/25/d34466770/htdocs/clickandbuilds/UPGRADEMEDIA/wp-content/themes/betheme/header.php on line 15

• When you look through the file, you can see that all the fatal errors are coming from betheme

• There were some missing theme files.

We have re-uploaded the betheme on your website, and it should be fine now.

Best regards

• thank you very much! just beacuse i am curios. how is it possible that the files are missing?

• Hey, unfortunately it happened again and I got this error

We really need a solution for this as it is an important client project

• We don't have this problem with any other BeTheme project and we have a lot. Why does this keep happening? We really need some assistance here

• You might have some malware or some feature on the server that causes that.

Please get in touch with your hosting provider regarding this.

Best regards

• But what can cause this? Also our hoster has no clue.

• The issue is coming back again everyday. I dont know what to do. Please help us somehow. Is it possible that we have some malware in our wordpress installation? The hosting company says they cannot do anything.

The issue is fixed everytime we install BeTheme again... But then the issue comes back.

• We are only theme creators, and I have no experience in server management or malware. The theme does not have the option to remove files just like that.

Your hosting provider should help you with that.

If it is malware, I can only suggest setting up the whole website again on a fresh database with different passwords to everything.

Best regards