Header & subheader

Hi, this might sound a little bit strange but is it possible to hide the header (navigation and logo) but show the subheader (page title etc.)
If there is a way to do that, it would be awsome if you could tell me!

cheers, nfv

Comments

• Hi,

yes, it is possible of course. To remove header area and keep the subheader, please use below css:
    #Header { display: none !important; }
  • thanks alot guys,
    youre the best!
  • another question, now that i hided the header, i need another place for my wpml dropdown menu.
    wpml gives php code to freely add it anywhere. but where is the best place to add the code snippet to show the wpml logo at the right corner (besides the breedcrumbs) in my subheader?

the php snippet is : <?php do_action( 'wpml_add_language_selector ' ); ?>
  • Why you want to modify theme files? We got WPML language selector included into theme and you can set it up under Theme options > Header & Subheader > Extras section so there is no need to change files.
  • I checked that but even though "WMPL Languages FLags " is activated as "show / Dropdown" or "show / horizontal" it does not appear at the subheader

• Right, because wpml can be used only in the same place as menu. So you want to use flags in subheader section where page title and breadcrumbs are?
  • yes , i do. since this thread was about hiding the header but keeping the subheader, i thought that was clear to you. sorry if i didnt mention it precisely enough.
  • Ok, thanks. So if you want to modify file responsible for subheader, you must do this in header.php file.
  • Hi Muffin Group,

I am trying to remove the subheader on the WPML page of my homepage. On the regular page i can use the "Hide Subheader" in muffin builder but when i use the language section in wpml for bulgarian then the subheader is coming up. Can you please help. See the Home page here and try the WPML flag in right menu to view the Bulgarian Page.

PS If i change the page template from default template to blank template then the right menu disappears so that is not an option. Thanks guys

Cheers,
    Aaron
  • Hi,
    WMPL creates a new page for the translation, you have to also hide the subheader on the bulgarian version of the page in the page options.
    thanks