One of my sliders stopped working

Hi, I have two sliders on my homepage, one of them stopped working and I don't know why or how to fix it. I've recently updated wordpress and BeTheme, so I don't know if it might have caused it. I read that to update RevSlider I need you guys to send me the latest version. Do you think it might help?

It's the second slider on this page, after the youtube video: http://www.bhaktiyogapura.com/

The arrows of the slider disappered and it stopped moving.

Awaiting for your reply. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Hi,

Revolution Slider update will help you for sure if you use old version. Latest version of revolution slider is included into theme package and is located under betheme.zip/plugins folder.
  • I don't use old version if the new one always comes within the latest version of BeTheme. I updated wordpress and then BeTheme to their latest versions and after that the slider stopped working. Any help?
  • I just checked and I have the latest version of Revslide installed. It's the 4.6.93 one. Everything is up to date but the slider has stopped working mysteriously.
  • You have old slider version which is incompatible with recent WP. You must update to rev slider 5.0.5 version.
  • I updated it to 5.0.5, it's the one that's included in the last BeTheme update, right? This update crashed my sliders. Apparently revslider doesn't work with slide templates anymore, so I'll have to figure out how to fix it. Anyway, the problem persists, the slider won't move. I saw there's another update, 5.0.6. Will you provide it?
  • You must did something wrong definitely if slides crashed after update. How did you made plugin update? Via FTP? If you will send us private message, we'll send you 5.0.6 version if you think that this will help.
  • Yes, I updated it via FTP. The problem is this latest version of Revslider doesn't use slide template separately for posts-based sliders. It is very different from the preview versions of Revslider, so I'm having to build the sliders I had again.

That's fine, the only problem is the slider just won't work. It's suppose to show posts from a category that has more than 60 posts, yet, only two are sliding.

Here's the link to see the slider: http://www.bhaktiyogapura.com/teste-de-slider/

Any help is appreciated. I'm using 5.0.6 version and the problem persists.
  • We need to contact with plugin's author because this errors is not related with theme at all. You can switch to default theme and you will see that this works exactly the same. So all we can do in this case, is contact with plugin's author.
  • Ok, can you contact with plugin's author, please? How should we proceed?
  • Sure, we will. But please tell us if you switched to default theme and checked if the same thing happen as when our theme is activated?
  • I didn't. I'm afraid if I do so, I'll lose all customization I did on BeTheme. If you guarantee this won't happen when I switch back to BeTheme I May try.
  • You won't lose anything because everything is stored in the database. It will just change the layout for a second. They you can go back to theme again of course.
  • Hi, I switched to the default theme Twenty Sixteen and the slider still didn't work. Could you contact the plugin's author, please?
  • Yes, we will leave them information about the problem and maybe they will be able to fix it while future updates.
  • Is there a way of me contacting them directly? The way you put it, it seems like they might fix the problem or not. And how would I know about future updates? Will you let me know here?
  • If you bought a plugin separately then you can contact with them directly of course. If any support arrive, we add it immediately to theme package.
  • Will you let me know if they send some help?
  • Yes, we'll let you know but as an author we can only leave them suggestions so they usually do not reply. And if something is broken, they are fixing it while updates.
  • Hello, I've been running all of the recent updates and still my slider won't work. I decided to clone my only working slider and try to edit it so I could rebuild the lost one, and I found out it only crashes when I use the post placeholder {{excerpt}} or %excerpt%. If I use any of the others like {{title}}, {{content}}, or {{link}}, it works just fine. But when I use {{excerpt}}, I only have 2 slides showing, instead of 7 as I've set up. You can check it out here: http://www.bhaktiyogapura.com/teste-de-slider/

Please, could you help me fix this issue? I've already tried changing the theme, deactivating all of the other plugins I use, and still the problem persists.
  • We can not fix it unfortunately because we are not the author of the slider. We can only forward information to plugin's author about the problem with excerpt and if they have time, they will look on it.