W3 Total Cache Plugin compatibility

Hi,

Having problem with speed. its 23 on mobile and 21 on desktop. 

I tried using W3 Total Plugin. used minify option, Checked the speed back , there was little bit increase, but the mobile version was showing 66/100 user experience, before plugin it was 99/100 

More I use the plugin, its breaking up the site and speed decreased. 
Please advice , which plugin to use. which code, configuration etc  to speed up the site?

Regards

Comments

• Hi,

unfortunately there is no gold mean for plugin's settings because each server is different and different settings may work better. Of course, you can download the settings that we use for our demo on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1453/w3-total-cache but they may do not work because of different settings on your actual server. If you look at http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/b3tyvG/http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/ you will see that our theme works really fast and the speed has been improved a lot. So to be honest, we have no idea what exactly may slow down your site.

Thanks!
  • this is what I got a reply from my hosting :

I have checked and found that your website 'carvaletingglasgow.com

' is
    loading slowly. After performing a Pingdom Speed Test, I found that the number
    of requests are '86' and the web page size is '6.0MB'. 

A common reason for sites being slow is because of the size (in kilobytes) of
    all of the elements that make up the site, namely scripts and images. Ideally on
    a shared server, anything above 120 requests and a web page over 1.5 MB will
    have a massive impact on your download speed.

I checked on GTmetrix , number of requests 104 , asking to compress the javascript , 

Your page has 4 blocking script resources and 20 blocking CSS resources. 
    Please help and let me know what exactly to ask to my hosting to help me ? 
    As they are keep saying there is no problem from their end, 

• Just uploaded new version 10.9 , got my menu all left hand side vertical 
  • There is also no problem on our side and to be honest there is nothing what we can do on our end. As we showed you above, our demo loads in less than 2 seconds even with over 200-300 users online for all the time.

Anyway, we did checked your site and looks like you really have a problem with your server. You should also notice that all these JS scripts does not come with our theme only. There is only maybe 2 or 3 that comes with theme. The whole rest comes from plugins like Visual Composer, Revolution Slider, etc.

P.S. Like we wrote above, setting W3 Total Cache plugin, requires skills. As we see, you just imported the settings and that's why your site does not look good. We suggest you to contact with your website developer and hope that he would be able to help you because your issues are not related with BeTheme at all. We did checked your site once again now and everything seems to be fine what you can see on http://pasteboard.co/1SW5Tmj.png
  • Hi,

Thank you for reply back. 

The settings you sent for W3 plugin, Shall I replace with the file with old one ?
    Is there any other plugin compatible with your theme ?
    My page showing 5.1 MB (not 1.5 MB , as I wrote in earlier message) , Please advice how to compress the files, 
    I used a plugin for Gzip, It  doesn't seem working either with theme !

I really need to work on the speed

I was thinking to use the theme for my other sites as well, seems I have to think twice.

Please next version, why don't you add your own speed plugin or something to a make the site compress automatically ?

Hosting is saying there is no fault at there end, its theme, plugins etc.. 
    I have no idea what's going on !
    My questions is :  How can you help me to  optimise my website ? compress , Gzip , avoid rendering issues ?

Looking forward to get a solution !
  • Like we wrote above, our settings for W3 Total Cache may do not work on your site. It's because every server is different and if you don't know how to sort it out, you supposed to contact with your developer. We did never tested any other plugin because this one works perfectly with our theme.

To be honest we do not understand your frustration. Sounds like you don't know what you bought exactly. You bought the theme and it's features, not customization service. If you will read Item Support Policy, you will understand what is included.

In accordance to your questions about the site speed, our theme is very fast (faster than 95% wp themes) so you are definitely wrong with your statements. We already proofed it above but looks like you missed that part of our message. Our theme, has been compressed as much as possible. For many months we've been improving BeTheme speed only so saying like: "Hosting is saying there is no fault at there end, its theme, plugins etc.." sounds a little bit funny and weird. So if anyone really said like that, should change the industry because for sure shouldn't do what is he doing now. Wrong people in wrong place.

If anyone was checking your site, for sure supposed to tell you that files related with theme can not be compressed more. We already did as much as it was possible. You should know also, that the plugins like Revolution Slider, VC and other may bring many not compressed files but because these are only plugins, we do not have any impact on them and there is nothing what we can do to compress them.

On the evidence of what we wrote above, we are pasting link to pingdom tool once again so you can check how fast our theme is http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/b3tyvG/http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/ (notice that it is so fast although there is 200-300 people online for all the time around the world).

Hope that our explanation would be clear enough and you will understand all these points.

Thanks for understanding!