Cannot Change Colors On Menu In Footer

Hello All @muffingroup,

First of all, I want you to know that I am trying everything that I am aware of that can be attempted, before I decide to submit these support questions. In addition, I am searching the Forum to check to see if the question has been asked before, but I have found the results to be muddled...and, not really in reference to what I am attempting to resolve.

Secondly, I am not sure if things are getting lost in translation, or I am not looking in the correct places, but I am having a (somewhat) more difficult time than I have anticipated in changing the colors of specific items (and making other apparently simplistic adjustments).

My latest complication, is in regards to changing the colors in the Menu of the Footer, as you can see at the website here: http://valenciacustomglass.com/, the Menu in the Footer cannot be discerned due to the coloration.
I believe, I have tested every color option available in the BeTheme Options, and I have not been able to adjust any of the coloring in the Menu.

If you could point me in the direction of how to make these coloring edits, I would greatly appreciate it!
As I am sure you are aware, it is frustrating to spend a half (gong on full) day trying to resolve something that is apparently simple, without ever getting any resolution.

I appreciate all of your help and look forward to the day when I understand all of the options of the theme.
I intend to upgrade all of my clients websites to the BeTheme over the next 6 months, so I really want to develop a command over the Theme as soon as possible.

Thank you again!!!

Comments

• Here is a Screenshot for your reference:

Thank you again!!!
  • Hi,

do you mean to change colors of widget`s headings, like: Specialty Services, Search Our site, Contact Us etc?
  • edited January 2016
    Ugh @muffingroup,

Are you serious..?

I am glad I did not see this response before I wrote the other clarification for our communication.

Honestly, I have a very hard time believing that you do not understand what, "...changing the colors in the Menu of the Footer..." means.

No, I do not want to know how to change the colors in the Headings of the Widgets. I was already able to resolve that challenge previously, with your help.

What I want to do, is change the specific colors, in the specific menu, in the left column of the footer.
    Just as I described to you, in great detail, in the original message.

As a matter of fact, I spent about a half hour writing that message so that it was as absolutely as clear as possible. Besides, if you read the original message, you would see that it says "the Menu in the Footer cannot be discerned due to coloration".
    Clearly, the headings of the widgets can be discerned. So, why would you ever think to ask if I was asking about the headings of the widgets..?
    When, extremely clearly, at the Footer of the Website at http://valenciacustomglass.com/ there is clearly a Menu that has text in it that cannot be discerned due to coloration.

I am not sure why we are having this communication breakdown..? But, it has to stop.

As I mentioned, I have many, many, many more questions that I intend to ask.

I implore you, please, please, read this message in the matter of fact tone it was written.
    I am not angry or yelling. But, I am starting to get frustrated.

Honestly, this feels like a passive-aggressive response that is meant to discourage me from seeking further support.

When I bought this product, it was with the understanding that I would receive support in building it for 6 months after the date of purchase, I still have close to 5 months worth of support paid for.
    I am really and truly depending on your help.

Is there anything that I can do to make sure that we avoid these lags in communication in the future?
    Is it something with my Grammar? Am I using slang?

I am trying my best to communicate clearly and thoroughly what I need, and taking extra time to make sure that I expound every effort to do so.
    Honestly, please let me know if there is anything that I am doing, or can improve upon, to expedite the communication in resolving my requests. Because, I am getting discouraged.

After I finish this site, I want to upgrade my personal site at http://victorbottino.com/ to BeTheme, in addition to the rest of my Glass Shop Clients across the nation.
    That is one of the main reasons I am putting so much detail into learning the theme for this first glass shop client.
    However, that client is getting impatient...and, I just want to get it done for them as soon as I can.

I need your help. And, as I mentioned, I am attempting every possible option before asking you for help.
    Even though, I feel like I am wasting my time, and I should just be asking you to tell me.

It is very difficult for me getting started, because we do not refer to any of the elements of the site in the manner that you have them labeled here in Southern California. So, whenever I am able to figure out what a function in a field performs, I think to myself, "Oh, so that is what that means..?"

As I have mentioned in the past, I am a Search Engine Marketer, with a basic foundation of knowledge of how WordPress works...I probably have about 400 - 500 hours of designing WordPress sites.

Unfortunately, I am not a Web Developer. At this point, I am searching for a new Web Developer that can be relied on as an outsource partner.

It is my intention, to go to WordCamp San Diego in April. I hope that I am also able to meet a reliable developer, who works at a reasonable rate, in my area at that event.

• The main problem is that your messages looks like a stories. We prefer short, quick questions so we can just check what you mean and answer as quick as possible. As you saw, we have hundreds of questions every day and reading such long messages is just wasting your`s and our time and because of that you need to wait much longer for an answer. So please notice for future, that quick questions with screenshot examples what you already did above, are the best.

Anyway, we know what "...changing the colors in the Menu of the Footer..." means. However, your screenshot was confusing because the arrow was pointing widget`s title. Less confusing would be to just ask: "How to change on menu in footer" with just link to page where you want do this.

However, to change the colors of those menu items in the footer, please use the following extra css:
    #Footer .widget_mfn_menu ul li a { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
  • Again @mufffingroup, thank you for your patience!

It is clear this is an issue with translation. I would never say, "How to change on menu in footer", I would never think that anyone would understand that!  ;)

In my defense, spending hours and hours to attempt to make a change in coloration, to later find out that it is necessary to use custom css, is frustrating.  I am sure you can understand that.

I will attempt to make my queries as brief as possible.

Thank you again and I greatly appreciate your help!
    And, as I keep mentioning, I do like your product very much!!!

I hope you are well,

-Victor
  • We understand your concerns of course but unfortunately we must keep the proper balance between the number of options and theme size. Some of our customers are using very limited and cheap hosting services and because of that they may have many problems with theme installation or using it if we will be adding color options for any dot or line available on any demo we made. For us, it's not a problem at all to add other hundreds of options. The most difficult and important is to keep this proper balance to make happy each user.

We are happy to hear that you still do like our product very much :)
  • @muffingroup, that makes complete sense.

I understand what you are saying, I just did not realize this was the case!

I am developing quite a fondness for you!!!

I hope you see all of this before the weekend, and I hope you enjoy a couple of days off,
    B-)

I will be here in Murrieta, CA working away!!! Thank you again for all of your help, I truly appreciate it.
  • It's Saturday morning but i found some time to reply on your questions here. And definitely i have plans to enjoy this weekend :)