BeTheme and Child Theme Not Syncing Up With Sidebars and Footer Widgets

Hello,

My Betheme (Politics) is installed and works great. I have made customizations in the Muffin Options panels, specifically, Custom CSS edits.
I would like to keep these edits, but also make edits to the child theme in the "content-post.php "

I have TWO questions about using both the Muffin Options Panel Custom CSS edits and the child theme.

1) When I activate the child theme, the SIDEBAR and FOOTER WIDGETS disappear on all posts and pages where it was previously active. Why does this occur and how can I fix it?

2) Is it possible to use both the Muffin Options Panel Custom CSS edits — AND — the child theme at the same time? Will this create any issues? Because it seems that simply activating the child theme has already created a problem...as noted above.

Thanx!

Comments

• Hi,

1) Widgets are assigned per theme. But for Wordpress, child theme and parent theme are totally different themes so widgets (sidebar and footer) need to be set per each theme individually.

2) If you use child theme, you should keep all custom changes under style.css file of child theme.
  • Okay, I see now...the sidebars and widgets are EMPTY when you switch over to a Child Theme.

I never noticed that before...I usually start out with the child from the get-go, before I make any customizations to widgets and sidebars, but didn't do that this time. Makes sense now. I added the widgets and sidebars while the child theme switched on. These items all display now.

Thanx!