Why does you visual editor mess up HTML code

Why does your visual editor mess up HTML code?

I put formatted HTML code into the Visual editor and saved it. Then when I come back it's all on one line and not formatted.

Comments

• Hi,

Visual Editor is a WordPress default item and we do not touch it at all so this couldn't be nothing related to theme. Please show us what's happening exactly.
  • This is inside your Muffin Builder.

You click Add Section > Add Wrap > Add Item >  from the popup select "Visual Editor" 

This is part of your Muffin builder.

If i use the default content editor in wordpress the code stays the same and is ok.

It's only when I use the Visual editor inside the Muffin Builder that this issue arises.

Here is how i enter the code
    http://davidstokes.com/muffin/img1.png

here is what it looks like after i save it
    http://davidstokes.com/muffin/img2.png

as i said the normal Wordpress editor doesn't do this.

But I can't use the normal one is this case as i'm using other elements from the builder.

• Ohh, ok. So that's the item you mean. We need to have a look on it closer then because it's very weird as for this item, we are just using default WP editor what is really strange.
  • But if you use the default editor you can use the elements of the builder ?

• Yes, you can of course. You can create content inside WP default editor for example and then put it into Muffin Builder as Content WP item.
  • what if i have something like this

Content
    Other muffin element
    Content
    Other muffin element
    Content

How can I split the content to show correctly ?

• That way it won't be possible to use VC and Muffin Builder. You can use the first one and then the other only.
  • Are you going to fix the issue ?

• As we know, fixed can be "bugs" only and because this is not a bug, there is nothing to be fixed here. What you ask for is an additional feature and all we can do is add your request on our "to do" list.
  • I would call it a bug.

Your edited puts all the code on to one line making it extremely hard to read.

Doesn't matter how many times I fix the code your editor changes it.

Wordpress's own editor doesn't do this. So there is a bug in your one and it doesn't function as an editor should and if you designed it to change people's code and place it on one line then it's bad design.

• Sorry but we can not agree with your because Visual Editor item is exactly the same as WP default editor. We didn't modified it and all we did was including the same function as is for the default editor. So maybe your installation is incomplete and you should update your theme to it's latest version?