Share to Facebook picking the first image instead of the featured image for a post

Hi,

trying to share the following post via FB leads to a post including an image other than the featured image:

The result is the same using either the built-in share or the one provided by the ShareButtonsByAddThis plugin.

We plan to use use UberMenu and we'll have some linked images inside this menu (that's the image that is being picked up by FB).
We are integrating it in the child-theme.

Noticing the issue, I switched to the parent theme, only to notice the same problem.

It seems that FB ignores Schema.org annotations.
Shouldn't the theme include in the header the appropriate OpenGraph tag for the featured image then?

If so, I'll include that by hand in my child-theme and wait for the next releases of BeTheme.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi,
    To do this use the plugin HERE

When you do this you have to log in to your facebook developer panel and in tools&support> sharing debugger click the button scrape again. If you don't do this it can take a week for the images to update.
    thanks
  • dgedge
    edited March 2017
    Hi,

thanks for the info.
    Since sharing is so important, wouldn't it be worth, in future versions of Be, to add this plugin in the notice about suggested plugins when installing the theme?

Cheers
  • Yeah, we will take it in consideration. Thanks for pointing that out.