is lost when exporting posts and pages? The client requested we clone
his content for a second site using a different theme, but it looks like
we will need to recreate all his pages and posts manually? Is this how
the Muffin Builder is suppose to function? Seems like once you use the
BeTheme Muffin Builder, you are incredibly limited to any future changes
with your site

Comments

• Hi,
    Moving the files will not change anything. All the data is stored in the database. You can also use the import/export tool that muffin builder provides. Export the existing content from one page and import it to another
     thanks
  • Actually, I think you  missed the question. When you build in BeTheme using Muffin BUilder, you cannot change themes WITHOUT losing your content. Muffin Builder content does not magically transport itself into the Wordpress editor, therefore it is lost - my question is how do we avoid that. Not that anyone would want to change themes, but it would be nice to have that option without losing any Muffin Builder content?
  • So you want to change from betheme to another theme (that is not betheme) and save the muffin builder content? This is not possible.
  • Yes, I know that. BUT, there is also no way to save anything that was built in Muffin Builder - anything in Muffin Builder gets lost so if you built out blog posts in Muffin Builder, then you can not export the content in any way or ever use a different theme. Seems like changing themes is impossible?

How does someone export their pages or posts if they were built in Muffin Builder?
  • Please tell us exactly what are you trying to do because it makes no sense at all.
    If you build with the muffin builder you can only move the content to another betheme.

• "If you build with the muffin builder you can only move the content to another betheme"!  YES That's what I am saying. If you build with muffing builder, you can never change themes. Maybe you should tell people that before they buy the theme. It's a wonderful theme - BUT that one little issue is just terrible.
  • Yes, when you build with another theme and their builder you cannot transfer as well. Don't tell us that this should be mentioned because this is obvious. You are just mad because it will not be easy.

• Oh no, you misunderstood. I'm not mad at all? I love the theme and will buy more licenses, I was simply trying to get the parameters of changing themes later. I do find the theme a little large for good page speed and minifying the js files seems to cause some issues, but I can work around that.

You could possibly add some sort of function that would allow you to port Muffin Builder content into the wordpress export in the future?

It seems like you guys do a good job of making the theme better with every update and that is really good. It's just that one little issue with the MB - sorry if you thought I was mad? Totally not my intent for you to think that.  Thanks
  • Sorry, a lot of people here try a lot of different things:)
    We will let our development team know.
    Thanks and Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • No worries, I completely understand. Keep up the good work and best of luck in the future. I remain a happy buyer. Thanks for the quick responses as well - I wish all envato authors were as quick with support!