PHP 7.0

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0. I just ran the PHP Compatibility Checker plugin to see whether I'm able to at this point, and it returned the results pasted below. Apparently, "Not all errors are show-stoppers". Could you tell me whether any of these errors suggest that PHP 7.0 will cause problems with my site

Betheme - Errors: 1

FILE: /home/robinwya/public_html/communication-for-development.com/wp-content/themes/betheme/muffin-options/validation/preg_replace/validation_preg_replace.php
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 32 | ERROR | preg_replace() - /e modifier is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0
Slider Revolution - Errors: 2

FILE: /home/robinwya/public_html/communication-for-development.com/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/output.class.php
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 458 | ERROR | 'clone' is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

FILE: /home/robinwya/public_html/communication-for-development.com/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2354 | ERROR | 'clone' is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

Comments

• WPBakery Visual Composer - Warnings: 16 Errors: 1

FILE: /home/robinwya/public_html/communication-for-development.com/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/js_composer.php
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     220 | ERROR | Visibility for magic method __sleep must be public. Found: private

FILE: /home/robinwya/public_html/communication-for-development.com/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/templates/editors/partials/backend-shortcodes-templates.tpl.php
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not fit the warnings for Visual Composer within the allowed characters, so you can get them here.
  • Just ignore those, the theme will work with php7. There is a similiar post somewhere on the forum.
  • Yes, I can confirm this now that I've done the upgrade to php7. Thank you!