Blog thumbnail shows 2 images

Hi

The blog thumbnail on blog list page (ie /blog) is showing 2
images as slideshow when clicking the magnifying glass. I only set 1
image as featured image. The second image doesn't load anything.

Is
using featured image the correct way to put your picture in a blog
post? Or am I meant to put it in a custom field or something?

Comments

• Hi,

please send us url to page where this happen because we have no idea what you did and how it looks like.
  • http://dev.enterprisemadesimple.co.uk/blog/ is the link although behind JF3 redirect so can I please take your email address and I will create a user for you to log in and then you can view the site.
  • We already sent our mail on pm so please check your inbox on this forum.
  • That is not ideal as I have changed settings and things. I don't want to loose anything as the site is 90% complete.

Can you not just tell me the updated parts for the blog pic issue and what to overwrite so I do not loose anything?

Thank you
  • Ok, so if you want to modify it yourself, then please go to functions/theme-functions.php file and replace below line:
    $link_after .= '<a href="'. $large_image_url[0] .'" class="zoom" rel="prettyphoto[blog]"><i class="icon-search"></i></a>';
    with:
    $link_after .= '<a href="'. $large_image_url[0] .'" class="zoom" rel="prettyphoto"><i class="icon-search"></i></a>';
    This line is in 2 different places in this file and you must replace both.

But of course we do not recommend to modify theme files because you won`t be able to update theme in the future.
  • I will give this a go thanks. I also have issue with the testimonial slider - has there been an update to this also? If so do I need to start a new discussion?
  • But what is the problem with testimonials? Because we have no idea what you exactly mean. Please show us what you mean and what is wrong.
  • I will give this a go thanks. I also have issue with the testimonial slider - has there been an update to this also? If so do I need to start a new discussion?
  • On home page of the site it not displaying correctly
  • Ok we see what happen. You don`t use images for "Testimonials" item and that`s the reason why it looks like that. With one of the latest updates we added option into "Testimonials" item to Hide photos. So please update your theme to latest version and you will be able to remove photos from testimonials at all.
  • Can you give me the code to replace please as discussed before I don't want to loose any data I have done and settings in this site with it being almost live. I will manually replace it...

Thank you!
  • Or are you saying if I add a photo to the testimonials I have now it will work correctly?
  • The only css we can give you is below:
    .testimonials_slider .slider_images { display: none; }
    and in this case we can`t do anything else. And as you can see, you will find more things in the future that you want to modify/change and that`s why we do not recommend to modify theme files because you won`t be able to theme to versions where we do many fixes and updates.
  • where is that meant to go - it doesn't work in custom css
  • edited September 2014
    done it a different way.
    .testimonials_slider .slider_images { visibility: hidden; width: 100%; height: auto; line-height: 0; text-align:  center; margin-bottom: 30px; position: relative; z-index: 2; }
    thanks for help so far
  • Each custom css should be pasted in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS field. We're glad you found own way to do it.