ERROR - Importing Rev Slider ZIP files

edited September 2014 in Revolution Slider
when i try to import the zip file of one rev slider i get this message:

Error: Wrong export slider file format! This could be caused because the ZipArchive extension is not enabled.

Any ideias on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Hi,

this could be related with 2 things: or you have not enough memory on server or you don`t have ZipArchive extension enabled. In both cases you need to contact with hosting`s provider because we are not able to help in this case.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I'm having this exact issue when trying to import the lawyer demo slider, except it doesn't say anything about "This could be because...", it just says "Error: Wrong export slider file format!". I contacted my hosting provider and they stated that neither of the above-listed explanations were an issue, in my case. 

I'd be more than happy to give you my login info if you can somehow figure this out. Is there a way to install the slider without using the .zip file? I tried to read around here for other ways to do it but they are all confusing.
  • @tahirn369 All we can say, they lie you. We have some similar issues in the past and hosting providers were always able to fix it. You can read about this problem at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23487877/error-wrong-export-slider-file-format-this-could-be-caused-because-the-ziparch

P.S. We recommend to change provider because this one sounds like a joke.

And btw. there is no workaround for this. This can be uploaded via .zip files only.
  • I use GoDaddy as my hosting provider. I will keep trying, but they told me specifically that ziparchive is installed on the server.
  • @tahirn369 If you have read above topic then you know it is false. Any other author who is working with wordpress will tell you the same. Because there is no other problem when you see this message. Even message tells you that ZIPArchive extension is enabled. And if hosting provider won`t be able to help, then we recommend to change provider because you will get the same problem with any other theme.

Thanks for understanding!