Muffin Builder to Visual Composer

Hi there, I have just updated my test site to V4.0 which includes the Visual Composer plugin. With it installed it seems as though I would have to recreate my site using VC to use the functionality of VC. Is this correct or is there a step that will convert my existing Muffin Builder pages to VC, cheers!

Comments

• Hi,

Visual Composer is only additional plugin and if you want to move everything from Muffin Builder into Visual Composer, then you must do it manually because it is technically not possible to move it automatically. For most users Muffin Builder works much faster and better than VC and that`s why visual can`t be default builder.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Hi there thanks for your reply, I thought that would be the case. I just wanted to say that for most of my clients, and there users who update there own website with content, VC is a much more user friendly and easier option for them, it also means I have to put less time into training them. I am glad you have included it with BeTheme! Thanks again.
  • It could/ should be optional to choose Muffin Builder (MB) or Visual Composer (VC) during import. All fields in MB are also available in VC.

If you need help setup VC as original MB template, I offer myself.

Thanks, Roman
  • Thanks for your offer @alphaprojekt but we are fine at this moment.
  • I agree, I would prefer to start with Visual Composer. Mainly because muffin builder is not compatible with many 3rd party plugins like VC is.
  • It would be great if the prebuilt BeTheme sites to be offered as Muffin Builder or Visual Composer. I prefer VC over Muffin Builder.
  • I would like to add my name to the list of people who prefer VC over Muffin - and for the same reason.  I train my clients on how to manage their websites at the end of the build - and VC is the standard I use for this.

I would like to see the option of importing with VC instead of Muffin.

Paul
  • Hello,
    please share your suggestions in this topic:
    This is the main disscusion about future updates or changes.
    thanks
  • Hi Guys
    First of all I have to say I am a big fan of the BeTheme and for sure of the Muffin Builder. I prefer the Muffin Builder a lot from the Visual Composer and I want to build all my future pages with Muffin Builder. Only reason, why Visual Composer could be better or more safety is the following scenario. BeTheme goes away from the market and updates not happen anymore... What is the abolutly worst case in my opinion.

Is there in this case any reason to switch to another template without doing everything manually?

Many thanks for your answer and have a great day!
  • VC is simple to use and to add new stuff is straight forward.... I can't figure out where or how your supposed to add anything with muffin builder.  I don't see where there is a place to access new elements you would want to use.  VC it's obvious.  MB sucks in my opinion.
  • @Webmastertroubles69 Why arent you so sure that VC will not dissapear someday, what then? The theme is fine as well as the builer.
    We are happy that you like it ;)
    @travisyates So you are saying that MB sucks just because you do not know how to use it? That must be a valid opinion.
    The muffin builer is better with betheme because there is so much syngery between them. VC is just a plugin.
  • Muffin Builder is plus one from me. VC is easier to use and more compatible with other plugins in general but google appreciates speed so much so that makes muffin builder the winner. Plus VC is found everywhere, one needs to be able to create different stuff from others and that is where Muffin Builder comes in.
    So my vote goes to Muffin Builder all the way.
  • ekptotikoskodikos 
    Thanks for your kind words. Also lets not forget that the muffin builder is fully compatible with the theme options:)