Another little bug Squash..

Hi

Here is a couple of minor bugs to clear up...

1. The box that hovers over the map with contact info inside, appears OVER the top of the menu bar when scrolling down the page

2. Strange one: When I use the classic menu, in boxed style layout, when I hover over the social buttons in one of the four footer sections (not the copyright section) the menu width seems to quickly snap to the edges of the box layout and then back out to 100%

3. When using the "one color" template and shrinking the browser to test responsive, the header area changes color to the one in the color options (which as far as I assume, should be completely ignored while in the one color template)

4. The breadcrumbs don't seem to stay on one line when reaching four or so links deep. They start to get knocked down to the line beneath, and not in a very eye pleasing way (it looks miss aligned rather than being intentional)

Hopefully this makes sense :-)

Comments

• Hi,

1. Please give us url to your page where this happen because we did not noticed anything like that.

2. Also please provide url to page where this happen.

3. This was fixed few versions ago as we remember so this should not happen. But please provide url and we`ll have a look on it.

4. Breadcrumbs got 30% width of subheader because usually titles are much longer than breadcrumbs. But if you want, then we can give you css to make them 50% and 50% but if title will be longer, then it will go to the second line. Or if you want, we can move breadcrumbs for you under title and all and then title will have 100% of subheader and breadcrumbs too.
  • edited September 2014
    Ok I have just uploaded a test site.. so you can try answers a couple of the bugs above. I also have a couple of new ones to add to the list. I have uploaded this video to show each bug as some are hard to explain: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2Q1Yzn9xX

1. The box that hovers over the map with contact info inside, appears OVER the top of the menu bar when scrolling down the page. This also happens to the "add to cart" button that slides up over a product thumbnail.

2. Strange one: When I use the classic menu, in boxed style layout, when I hover over the social buttons in one of the four footer sections (not the copyright section) the menu width seems to quickly snap to the edges of the box layout and then back out to 100%

3. When using the "one color" template and shrinking the browser to test responsive, the header area changes color to the one in the color options (which as far as I assume, should be completely ignored while in the one color template) - I have temporarily fixed this myself with CSS, but you may still want to take a look for your own records (just use firebug to remove my CSS code)

4. Thanks for the explanation on breadcrumbs. Now I know its intentional, i will sort it out on my own :-)

5. Another odd one, when scrolling down the page and then slowly scrolling up, the background that you guys used in your demo for the sub header section shows up, then disappears as i scroll higher. You really are better off looking at my video for this one as its impossible to explain :-)

6. Not sure if its intended, but when using the woocommerce product shortcode, the hover over section doesn't include a add to cart button like it does on the shop pages.

Thanks.. Please see the video for a demo of each bug to make things clearer

ps. the site is www.jpmediaonline.co.uk/simplicity/website

pps. While on the subject of little bugs that I'm noticing - the "My Account" template doesn't have any bottom padding
  • 1. This is definitely our mistake and of course we`ll fix it with next update. But to fix it now, please paste below css in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS section:
    #Header_wrapper { z-index: 29; }
    2. Maybe above css will help in this case as well, but we are not sure because we checked this on few different computers in Chrome and we don`t have the same behavior as you do on video.

3. This is weird but until you won`t remove css that you used for that we are not able to check what could be the problem.

5. At this moment please use below custom css for that but we`ll fix it with next update:
    body:not(.template-slider) #Header_wrapper { background: #fff; }
    6. It is not included because we don`t have anything like that included. At this moment this option is not available.

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited September 2014
    1. Thanks - this works

2. The above CSS didn't fix this. I would like to have further assistance if possible? I took out all custom CSS just to check, and the same thing happened. This DOESN'T happen in IE. It seems unique to Google Chrome (my version is: Version 37.0.2062.103 m)

3. This fixed itself - might have been a cache issue. Thanks :-)

5. This works thanks. Will await permanent fix in your updates :-)

6. Thanks for the info

7. You may have over looked this in my last post but the "My Account" page has no bottom padding. You may want to add that into your future updates :-)
  • 2. For that you must remove hover effect on social icons in the footer because we tried for a long time do something with that and nothing. So please use below css to remove hover effect from social icons:
    a.icon_bar span { -webkit-transition: none; -moz-transition: none; transition: none; }
    7. Can you explain what is wrong? Because we don`t see anything wrong on http://jpmediaonline.co.uk/simplicity/website/my-account/
  • edited September 2014
    6. Thanks - strange why it only effects me

7. It's only when logged in - and I think only on the one page. Here is a pic: http://tinypic.com/r/jt5ouu/8

It easy to fix for me in CSS - but thought you'd like to know so you can fix it in future updates

Thanks guys!
  • 7. It looks definitely weird but it does not look the same on our demo. If we`ll find anything similar in future updates, we`ll fix it. Thanks for the info!