Can't change slider in Revolution Slider

Thanks for a great theme.

I have successfully imported the demo content and several of the sliders (homepage, blog and splash).

I then edited the Home page from the demo content and chose the homepage slider in the "Slider | Revolution Slider Select slider for this page." setting. The slider works as expected.

I then edit the page again and change the slider in the "Slider | Revolution Slider Select slider for this page." setting to one of the other sliders I imported, e.g. splash. After I click Update, the slider has reverted to homepage.

If I clone the page, the same thing happens.

If I create a new page, I can change the slider as expected.

Is there some reason I'm missing that prevents me from changing the slider on demo pages?

Comments

• Hi,

it looks like you are not able to save settings, what means this is limited by your hosting. This problem has been described on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/comment/1704/#Comment_1704

So you can try to change it yourself or if you can`t, then you must contact with your hosting provider.
  • 128M is the max that my host allows and I am still having issues getting everything to work properly. Are there any other ideas or suggestions for getting this to work?
  • @marylee2319 The only solution we have is better hosting without those limits. Also you can try to deactivate all extra plugins and use theme without plugins activated what save memory too.

P.S. You can try to install latest 4.0 version where Visual Composer was included but we guess this also won`t help to much because each good tool also needs better resources.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I think you guys need to tell users on your sales page that your theme is very memory intensive and that they will need to make sure their webhost can support it. 

I have a great webhost with fast servers and good support. Their max memory allowed for shared hosting is 128M. If I knew that your theme required more, then I would've not purchased it and went with another. 

I like your product and support. But getting a different web host is not an option for me. I'm very disappointed in this and I think you should be more transparent on your sales page. 
  • But our themes doesn`t need more memory then other premium themes so it is not a problem (for 99% users everything works fine - even on hostings with less memory). The problem is related definitely with server settings and maybe your server have something else limited. Because if it is not memory and you are sure it is 128MB, then you should try to increase values like max_input_vars and max_input_time

Also please try to create new page with just few elements in muffin builder and then check. If this will work for new page, then it means current page have too many elements inserted and above values will be also responsible for that.