Site experiencing extremely slow load times

I installed BeTheme and started to build out my website. It is still in development. Over time, my site kept on loading slower than the previous time. I thought it was my GoDaddy hosting so I moved it over to DreamHost. Again, over time it started to slow down. I increased the memory resources and still no speed improvement.

I turned off all plugins and activated them one-by-one. It couldn't tell which plugins were causing the problem. So my guess that is was the hosting. I moved the site to my local computer and ran it off of it and am now building the website on my local computer.

The loading time has increased slightly, but loading time is still longer than I would like. What have other people experience? How can I increase speed on my site. My site is located here: http://www.alturashomesdev.com

I've run tests and tried to cache the site. I've tried to defer loading of JavaScript. I've tried to minimize CSS. All these resulted in unfavorable results to the site and still slow load times. 

Comments