Be|Landing slider disappears after edit. [Rev slider/Multisite] issue!

edited July 2014 in Revolution Slider
Hello,

The main reason I bought the theme was for the landing homepage.

I've installed the theme then navigated to "BeTheme Import Demo Data" and selected Import: Homepage and Homepage: Landing Page.

This create the correct page but the page didn't display a slider. So I created one. After this my slider appeared on the landing page. After tweaking the slider for quite a while I tried to update the image that appears next to the "Unlimited possibilities" title (on the page itself).

After this small update and my slider has now been replaced with a default blue background.

Am I doing something wrong?

I have noticed the slider dropdown is blank with "-- Select --" as the only option. I tried creating other sliders but this doesn't seem to change.

Please help!

Comments

• Hi,

about slider edition we have no idea what could happen because reasons could be different. Maybe internet connection problem, maybe hosting or maybe something else. There is unfortunately no clear answer to this question.

But about blank dropdown slider selector we probably know what is wrong. You probably use Multisite and there is something wrong between callbacks between multisite, server settings and revolution slider plugin but we`ll be able to fix it only if you will send us access to your wp dashboard and FTP on pm.
  • Hi, I have the same issue with the sliders not appearing the slider selector dropdown.

I do use Wordpress Multisite, but I'm afraid I can't provide FTP access since it's on a university's server.

Thanks for your help!
  • edited July 2014
    @goorbital But without access to FTP we won`t be able to help because we have no idea which solution can be helpful. Settings for servers are different and that`s the main problem. What you can try to do is use below solution but if this won`t work, then without access we won`t be able to help (university's server should have possibility to create FTP account for developers just for a while to check problem).

1 solution:

In functions/meta-functions.php file is code which looks like below:
    if( in_array( 'revslider/revslider.php', apply_filters( 'active_plugins', get_option( 'active_plugins' ) ) ) ) {
        // check if Revolution Slider is activated       
        $array = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $table_name ORDER BY title");
    }
    and replace it with below code:
    $array = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $table_name ORDER BY title");

2 solution:

Also in functions/meta-functions.php file, please find below code:
    $table_name = $wpdb->base_prefix . "revslider_sliders";
    and replace with:
    $table_name = $wpdb->prefix . "revslider_sliders";
    In some cases both solutions should be used at time.

However if any of those solutions won`t help, then without access to FTP and WP Dashboard, we won`t be able to help.
  • I had this problem too. I confirm that solution 2 works. Thx.
  • Same problem, on WP Engine multisite installation. Solution number 2 works! 

thank you
  • I also had the same problem. solution 2 works perfect! Thanks
  • I also had the same problem and this worked! Thanks!!
  • Sorry for the "noobish" question.. but i cant find the file meta-functions.php inside a functions folder inside the plugin folder. where do i locate them so i can apply this fix because i also have the same problem now.
  • Update, files are found. I should had look inside the theme's folder directly, but i was searching inside the revSlider plugin's folder for that file.
  • i've applied the changes suggested here but no change. so it's not this the issue.
    i keep on getting this error:
    Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/easyonline/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/revslider_operations.class.php on line 1330
    {"success":false,"message":"Field title<\/b> should not be empty"}
  • @Theodor_8 If you did everything as we explained above (btw for all other users till now it was working) and won't work, then please send us access yo your wp dashboard and FTP with explanation and we'll have a look on it.
  • 2 solution worked for me!!!
  • edited February 2015
    Solution 2 solves the problem (using multisite with directories - SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false). Could this solution be implemented in the actual release, so anyone else that uses multisite won't run into the same problem and spend lots of time wondering what might be the issue.

Thx
  • @activecontent Unfortunately this can't be included into any update because current settings works for 99% servers. There is only 1% of servers where this won't work and in this case one of above solutions may work.
  • This solution can be added in to the next update just fine. It just has to check for multisite, and if it is there implement solution 2, if not, don't.  That will fix most of these users problems and not affect the 99% of users who didn't have the problem.  Why not do that?
  • @EminentSEO This solution can't be added because this happen for less then 1% of users and is related only with server configuration. Also it is impossible to check what kind of server someone is using and which solution will be the best for him. And for those obvious reasons this can't be added.

Thanks for understanding!
  • solution 2 worked for me, thanks
  • Hi, does not show a slider on category page. Multisite use. I created this page - News. In the settings chosen theme: blog page - news. On page - News - slider is visible (http://ostkpmr.ru/novosti-ostk-tiraspol/) . In category no (http://ostkpmr.ru/blog/category/novosti/).
    Thank`s
  • @nata77741 Can you be more clear? Because currently your English is difficult to understand. You don't see the sliders on the backend under "Page options" section? Because this is what this topic concerns.
  • edited July 2015
    No, I do not see the slider on the front page of the blog categories. On the backend "Page options" i choose my name slider: "Home congress slider".
    Sorry, I need create another topic ?

• @nata77741 So you basically write in the wrong topic. Anyway, at this moment it is not possible to display slider on category pages but we'll add this feature with next update so the same slider as on blog page, will appear on category pages.
  • I`m understant. I'm sorry for my mistake.
    Thank`s!
  • so the meta-functions.php has completely changed with the last update. so instead, look for:

"$table_prefix = $wpdb->base_prefix;" in the revolution slider section
    instead of 
    $table_name = $wpdb->base_prefix . "revslider_sliders";
  • @atlakeem You don't need to modify theme files no longer because we added this feature as an option under Theme options > Global > Advanced section.
  • with this option, slider spans full page. slider needs to be boxed @atlakeem You don't need to modify theme files no longer because we added this feature as an option under Theme options > Global > Advanced section.
  • @njbest We don't get your thoughts. Slider can be full width or boxed and it depends on slider settings only.
  • slider appears boxed here: http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/store/  When edited - slider disappears. When option under Theme > Global > Advanced section is used to force the slider back in place - slider  comes back fully stretched across screen, not boxed as in demo. Option to reduce size does not work.
  • any fix??
  • @njbest For this demo, the slider was set under Page Options section where Revolution Slider drop-down field is when you edit/create page. If you are unable to get the same look, we suggest to import Be|Store demo with the pre-made slider and compare our settings with your own.