Small problem with menu in blog page

Hello again MuffinGroup,

I have a small problem with the menu in blog page.

Also. I installed this theme over another theme. And that had a blog page too. And now my link is shown blog-2 even if i deleted the old blog page. Same happens in contact link. 

Thank you.

Comments

• First problem resolved. In blog page settings > custom menu for some reason it was selected "resume menu". I selected my menu and all worked fine. 

Problem two didn't figure it out yet.

Another thing that i want to discuss. If you click on the link above you will see a blog post with the image, text and "read more" button. The text only shows a row and a half. I want to be shown like 6-7 rows. What can i do?

Thank you in advance!
  • Hi,

2) If you want to change current link to page, you need to modify link while you edit page. Just take a look at http://snag.gy/OwrFM.jpg to understand where this could be changed.

3) You mean post excerpt. By default excerpts are short but if you want to get own length of posts excerpts, while you create/edit post, please click on "Screen options" button in right top corner and select check "Excerpt" field. After that, at the end of page you will get additional field called "Excerpt" where you can put own excerpts that will be showed on page instead of those created automatically.

Hope above answers will help you a lot :)
  • Hi,

2) I did tried this before but nothing happens. My link is http://www.tractari-bucuresti.eu/blog-2/. I click edit. I write blog(without 2) press ok and the link changes into .../blog-2 again.
    3) I want to make excerpts longer by default. If i write 2-3 blog posts/day it's really an extra work to write excerpts for every post. Can't we figure out css for that? T

Thank you :D
  • edited August 2014
    2) So please check if old blog page is not in the trash. Because maybe you removed from pages section but it is still in trash and that`s why you are not able to change it.

3) If you want to get them longer by default you need to modify theme core files because it is technically not possible to do it within css. PHP is responsible for excerpt length. For that you must modify functions/theme-functions.php file. Find code which looks like below:
    function mfn_excerpt_length( $length ) {
        return 26;
    }
    and replace 26 value with own. This value means, how many words should available for excerpt. You have us definitely good suggestion and we`ll add this option with future updates. Thanks!
  • 2) The old pages were in trash. Now all works fine.

3) Replaced the value with my own. Works like a charm:D. 

Happy to give you ideas of improving this quality theme. It's really the best!

Thank you!