Paralax section behavior unlike demo content

edited July 2014 in Theme support
Hi,

I installed BeTheme, imported all the content, and now I'm trying to setup a parallax page.
When I create a page from scratch, clone the one from the theme or copy the same section settings, the result is a static background for the sections.

Mind that the settings present on the demo content are "Background Position = Center Top No-Repeat". On the demo parallax page, this works as is. If I clone the page, all the background images appear static.

The only way to make parallax work is to chose "Background Position = Parallax", but the section content lateral alignment goes beyond the demo's (i.e. a 1/4 block appears more to the left than the menu left boundary).

I also noticed that the demo content's parallax page background behave differently than setting up parallax on an edited page. On the demos, scrolling the page down shifts the section's positions slightly up, as the parallax males it's effect. On an edited page, the image doesn't move at all relative to the screen.

Actual question:
1) How do I setup a page to have the parallax effect behave like the demo content parallax page? I'm looking for the same content bounds inside and outside parallax sections and same parallax movements in relation to the screen during page scrolling.

Thanks!

Update 1:
I tried to change the demo parallax page setting. I selected the 1st section (the one with a lamp), changed the "Background Position" from "Center Top No-Repeat", saved, and all the images on that page become static (no parallax effect). Went back to the original setting but without any result.

Running worpress 3.9.1. with no aditional plugin (even disabled jetpack).
My background image resolution is the sabe as the lamp background (1920*946).

Comments

• Hello,
    Having exact same problem. Have been trying to sort this out almost all day today, with no luck.
    Muffins please advise! :)
    thanks.
  • I actually managed to get the paralax section's contents within bounds, avoiding "Style = Full Screen".
    As far as parallax behavior, is that only resolution related?
  • @pdgpereira So you say that parallax effect works only with Full Screen layout style for section? If this works only with full screen layout, then please send us access to your wp dashboard and we`ll have a look on it.

@kscmasa You can also send us access on pm and we`ll check.
  • Let me clarify:
    Right now, I can setup parallax effect on a section and change its contents lateral bound with the opion "Style". I'm using "Background position = Parallax" and "Style= Default". No problem there.

My doubt is on how to change the background image's behavior. Sometimes it is completely still in relation to the screen, other times it moves ever so slightly up with a page scroll down.
    Is this related with the image's vertical resolution? I'm not getting consistent results.

On your demo parallax page, every background image moves a bit in relation to the screen during page scroll, but the resolutions are different between them. Is there a cutoff?

• @pdgpereira Please give us url to your website because we have no idea what could be the problem. Basically parallax section is using lot`s of javascript because without that it won`t be possible. Parallax images are always different because this is how this javascript code works. Background images inside parallax effect got also cover background size and that`s why are always smaller then original uploaded image. Background attachment is also in fixed position. If you want, you can play with below custom css to make it a little bit different but we are not sure if this is what you mean:
    .section { background-attachment: unset; background-size: auto; }
  • Ok, I should've seen the picture directly from the server, not from the back end.
    That code would go directly on the section's custom css field?

URL: http://www.pointoviu.com/webdesign/

The parallax would be the one with the designer board.

• edited July 2014
    Above css, like any other custom css, should be pasted in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS section. If this won`t work, then add !important declaration for each value like below:
    .section { background-attachment: unset !important; background-size: auto !important; }
    But as we see, on your website parallax effect does not work at all. Please open your website in Firefox html mode (CTRL+U) and check how many html errors you got. Please fix them first and all should be fine. But if this won`t work, then please send us access to your wp dashboard on pm and we`ll have a look on it.
  • edited July 2014
    I see. I did some cleaning up. I then disabled Nice Scroll option and got the desired effect with the second css option above. With Nice Scroll, the parallax effect seems choppy. Don't know why...

Any more css options for different parallax behaviors?

I PM'ed you about admin login for you to see if you could see anyting wrong with my setup.
  • edited July 2014
    We are not able to log in because of wrong access. We sent more info on pm.
  • My bad. It's fixed now.

I left a pm with updates on the behavior on the new version of the theme.
  • Hi
    So that bit of css fixed parallax effect but the bg image seems to be off a little bit. like its a bit high, I can see a gap between image and next section whilst scrolling down. I haven't change the size of the image. here's screenshot. I've put it right next to demo version, hopefully will help to see what i mean.
    Also on the small screen on left you can see couple of sized down windows. first on left shows that header background. It just keeps coming up on even though I've chosen no header image, checked minimalist header ect. Do I have to use css to get rid of that as well?
    Thanks
  • @pdgpereira We already sent you more details on pm.

@kscmasa This is how current parallax works. Parallax is using javascript to count in what position must be and that`s why it looks exactly as you showed on screenshots. But about minimalist header on mobile you are definitely right and this is our mistake that will be fixed with next update. At this moment you can use below css to fix it:
    body.minimalist-header:not(.template-slider) #Header { min-height: 0 !important; }
  • Perfect. It's fixed. Thank you for the suport on this subject!
    :)>-
  • Hi!
    I have a problem with the Parallax effect. The image doesn't fill the total larger of the screen but just half. How can I fix this problem?

• Hi,

Could you please provide us with a link to your page? Also try to attach a screenshot, and more detailed info would be appreciated.

Thanks