Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Falco demo. We also help with many other things which does not require many hours of changes.

We reply on each question within 24 hours!

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

Migration issues with UpdraftPlus
  • Main issue: When migrating our site (using Updraft Plus) we have noticed that media file links aren't migrating to the correct server. We test this by adding an image to a page using WordPress's standard "add media" file button to a post. That image path file migrates correctly (changing from "http://dev..." to "http://www...". When we add an image using the Muffing Group, the migration does not correctly change the file path of this image. It still reads "http://dev...."

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • Our IT dept sent this note to UpdraftPlus: mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";color:black;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">In all cases after the
    migration the database entries for the images were converted correctly. After
    seeing that we determined that muffin was the cause of the problem. It's as if
    it references the DB once to create the page and then hard codes the links but
    I don't have any way to verify that.
  • UpdraftPlus response:mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    color:black;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:
    AR-SA">The best thing to do would be to ask Muffin about how their product is
    storing URLs. Basically, UpdraftPlus searches the database for textual URLs,
    serialised URLs, and JSON-encoded URLs. That covers the sane ways of storing a
    URL. They must be doing something else! If you ask them what, then it may be
    possible to add support for it.
  • Thank you. Can you share any information about how you store URLs? Everything outside of muffin built objects migrates correctly which makes me think you're storing URLs in a non-standard way. 

In other words, the migration tool does exactly what it should be doing but muffin generated pages are not honoring the URL change in the Wordpress media manager. I appreciate that you use a different tool and it works, but I'd like to work together with you to potentially figure out what Muffin does differently that our current migration tool seems to have a problem with. 

From Updraft:

The best thing to do would be to ask Muffin about how their product is
    storing URLs. Basically, UpdraftPlus searches the database for textual URLs,
    serialised URLs, and JSON-encoded URLs. That covers the sane ways of storing a
    URL. They must be doing something else! If you ask them what, then it may be
    possible to add support for it.
  • Can muffin builder store the info in the DB with anything else but base64 encoding? Seems like that's the problem here.
  • No other columns in the Wordpress DB are base64 encoded. Am I to assume everything else in the wordpress DB is vulnerable to attack then? 

Unfortunately a hack to php code doesn't seem reliable or a viable solution for push to production. From reading through that thread it looks like there is mixed success. If this hack is production ready and necessary to migrate a site why isn't it part of the Muffin package?
  • We just purchased WP Migrate DB Pro per your recommendation and have the same problem. The site migrates fine but images are still linking to the old site. 

Please advise.
  • I don't understand, you recommended this plugin earlier in this thread and now you're telling me your migration hack is the only thing that works?

Can you please address my other questions above? Is this php file production ready? If it's needed for migrations to work properly why isn't it included as part of the Muffin package? Others seem to have mixed success using your tool. Can I expect to have mixed results every time I migrate our sites? Are the rest of tables in our wordpress DB vulnerable to attack since they're not base64 encoded? Is base64 encoding really secure since there's no key needed to decode it?