How to disable Muffin Builder

Hello,

How do I disable your Muffin Builder? It seems it is not compatible with Visual Composer which I would like to use.

Thank you

Comments

• Hey,

do you really mean to remove it at all? You know the Visual Composer is not compatible with our themes? This plugin is not styled as we use only our Muffin Builder. We prefer our tool because is much faster, lighter and users just prefer to use it. So if you really mean to remove it at all, then let us know but Visual Composer probably still won`t work.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Please let me know if you got Visual Composer working with this theme. 

While this is a very flexible theme, Muffin Builder is not an ideal solution if a site developer plans to pass site editing responsibilities to the client. Only someone with a background in HTML and a lot of time invested in memorizing documentation for the theme could ever leverage this builder (no dropdown for icon selection? no rich text editor for content blocks? seriously?).
  • @jrevillini So far we never tested Visual Composer and we have no idea if this plugin works with theme but probably not because we got many items that Visual Composer does not have. For our themes we use Muffin Builder because most users love the way how easy and fast it is. On most customer's hostings Visual Composer does not work because this plugin works only on better servers.

However we got in future plans to add Visual Composer compatiblity and also for all the time we improve our own Muffin Builder. If you have any requests and you think that some things inside Muffin Builder should be improved, please leave your suggestions with explanation on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/113/your-suggestions-for-future-updates#latest

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited September 2014
    but what is the process to disable / hide it so client can't see! I just purchased your theme because of the site builder for a website, now my client is insisting to get access the WP admin, but I want to hide the site / muffin builder from him, how can I do that?
  • In Theme options > Getting started > General section, you have option called "Builder Visibility" and here you can choose if everyone should see muffin builder or maybe author, editor or administrator. If you don`t have this option, you must update theme to latest version.
  • Is there a way to disable a section (item) in muffin builder?
    I have installed a theme and I'd like to keep some of the ideas - for later.
    A lot of the items have custom HTML / CSS styling and I don't want to start from scratch.

cheers!
  • @ninedesignstudio We do not have "hide" option so far but we are planning to add it soon. Thanks for suggestion anyway :)
  • edited October 2015
    Initially I loved the look of this them. But after reading the above comments I don't understand why visual composer has been implemented in this theme if it doesn't work. It was one of the reasons I bought it after using total theme so easily for so long. My clients would struggle with edits with Muffin Builder. Adding an option that you've not tried is misleading. Thinking about just going back to Total where simple things like text align won't require my clients to know how to code.
  • @subburntbadger Can you explain what exactly does not work with Visual Composer? As far as we know, some people are using VC with no problems. Of course this plugin is different than our Muffin Builder tool but different people prefer different tools and that's why we got both included. Personally we do not like VC because this tool is adding weird margin/padding to elements and we do not have any control on it. But except that, the rest is fine and even we added items from our Muffin Builder into VC.
  • edited October 2015
    When I delete all the stuff in muffin builder and add my content to visual composer it doesn't show up. just an empty page. I've switched the don't show button on the muffin builder but unless anything is in that, it doesn't show. My other problem my clients found is not having as much control such as aligning text and adding header tags. I tried adding a tinyMCE to get more functionality but couldn't get it to work.
  • @sunburntbadger VC and Muffin Builder works for sure. So if the content from VC does not show, it means you used "Hide the content" option which is under "Page options" section. And of course, we got WYSIWYG included into Muffin Builder. For that you need to use Visual Editor item.
  • I am trying to hide Muffin Builder entirely... but your suggestion from Sept 2014 no longer works!

"Theme options > Getting started > General section"

I don't see this section anymore... please advise!

Thanks,
    J
  • Hi sorry -- I actually meant I'd like to hide "page options" on a global level! Please let me know, thanks
  • If you want to hide "Page options", you need to click on Screen Options in the right top corner when you edit page and uncheck Page Options option. Except that, we do not have other workaround.
  • I want my clients to be able to have only 'edit' permissions for the elements in the muffin builder, and not 'add', 'delete','duplicate', and change the settings of the elements. Is there any way to achieve that? Thanks. 
  • @amandsim No, we do not have such possibility included.
  • Is there anyway to get existing demo page content migrated from Muffin Builder into VC?
  • Hello guys the muffing Builder on my site is not responding. I have created the entire site without a child theme so I cant update the template, the big Issue is now the muffing builder is not working at all I cant edit Anything here can anyone tell what to do? 

there is way that someone in muffing group tell me how to reupload the muffing builder in order to work again?

Please help
  • If I hit the little pencil on the right corner of the window It does not do anything please help
  • @juanag1 Please deactivate all extra plugins first to check if one of them is not the culprit. If plugins deactivation won't help, you need to re-install theme files via FTP.
  • can you give me an step by step tutorial about hot to do that? in order to not to mess up the site
  • @juanag1 Step by step of what? Plugins deactivation or FTP re-installation? If you mean theme update, all necessary steps and information you can find on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/13/how-update-to-the-new-version-of-be-theme
  • Hello how can I completely remove Muffinbuilder,not just hide it?
    Is everything regarding the builder happening in functions.PHP...or which files do I also need to edit?
  • Hi,
    you cannot remove the muffin builer just by editing one file. You can only hide the muffin builder.
    thanks
  • That is sad. I was really hoping to kill that part of it all. I rebuilt all the pages in Visual Bakery, then went to plugins to remove this to save resources/speed up the site, and found that it is not even a plugin :/
  • We base our theme and all of our pre-built websites on the Muffin Builder.
    Visual Bakery is just a plugin, we cannot rely on it.
    thanks