How to Customize Single Blog Posts

Let me start out by saying that I love this theme. It's attractive and customizable and everything I was looking for. 

With that being said, the one thing I don't love is the layout of the single blog posts. A few things I'd like to try and change:

- Remove the author of the post while keeping the date, tags and categories
- Remove or edit the social share icons (my business doesn't have a Pinterest or a Twitter)
- Minimize/downplay the photo at the top of the post (make smaller, only display thumbnail, etc)

Could I please get a little help here?

Thanks,
Christine

Comments

• Hey Christine,

at first thanks a lot for kind words. Below we`ll answer on all your questions:

1) To remove author from single blog page please use below css:
    .post-meta .author { display: none; }
    2) Social share box can be turned off in Theme options > Getting started > General section.

3) If you want smaller photo for single post page, you need to modify functions/theme-functions.php file. At the top of this file you got few lines where you can edit images size. Of course after that you must upload images again because wordpress is creating them while upload.
  • Thanks for the help! One follow-up question... Where does that author code go exactly?
  • Like each css, should be pasted in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS section.