Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Nollie demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

eCommerce
  • I need to use commerce module on my site with Nollie theme. Could you recommend which is the best appropriate eCommerce module, or maybe you have own product of this category?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Well, WooCommerce could work, i didn't tested it out, but i itend to use it. 

There's two suggested ways to do so by woocommerce: 

1. Hooks

Didn't work out, because there isn't a possibility get the correct $post->ID on the overview. (and i really tried to make it work, but no chance)

2. woocommerce.php

Just make a new file called woocommerce.php and paste this:

<?php
    /**
     * The template for displaying all pages.
     * @package Nollie
     * @author Muffin group
     */
    get_header(); 

switch ( get_post_meta($post->ID, 'mfn-post-layout', true) ) {
    case 'left-sidebar':
    $class = ' with_aside aside_left';
    break;
    case 'right-sidebar':
    $class = ' with_aside aside_right';
    break;
    default:
    $class = '';
    break;
    }
    ?>
    <!-- Content -->
    <div id="Content" class="subpage<?php echo $class;?>">
    <div class="container">

<!-- .content -->
    <div class="content">
    <?php woocommerce_content(); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

The bad side of this solution is that on the overview, and a few more sites, you can't use a sidebar. And: I'm not 100% sure if this works correctly, but i intend to use it this way, once my shop goes live.
  • @muffingroup: The approiative way to implement woocommerce into the theme would be this code in functions.php:

// WooCommerce Fix
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper', 10);
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_main_content', 'woocommerce_output_content_wrapper_end', 10);

add_action('woocommerce_before_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_start', 10);
    add_action('woocommerce_after_main_content', 'my_theme_wrapper_end', 10);

function my_theme_wrapper_start() {
    global $post;
    echo $post->ID; 
    switch ( get_post_meta($post->ID, 'mfn-post-layout', true) ) {
    case 'left-sidebar':
    $class = ' with_aside aside_left';
    break;
    case 'right-sidebar':
    break;
    default:
    break;
    }

echo '<!-- Content -->';
    echo '<div id="Content" class="subpage'; echo $class; echo'>">';
    echo '<div class="container">';
    echo '<!-- .content -->';
    echo '<div class="content">';
    echo '<div class="the content the_content_wrapper">';
    function my_theme_wrapper_end() {
    echo '</div>
    </div>';
    get_sidebar();
      echo '</div>
    </div>';
    }

?>

With global $post; you get out a ID outta the shop page. The problem is that the ID is always the newest product made within woocommerce. Unfortunately i didn't figure out how to fix this, since the shop page has his own Page ID. My personal problem is: I have no idea about php :D

Addendum: Since the sidebar.php also uses the switchbox, there's the same problem with the ID.

Hope this code snippet help you guys to figure out a solution (somewhere in the future)