Change link icon

Hello, when you hover over a portfolio item two buttons show up on the bottom. One to view the image larger and the other to link you to it's page. Is it possible to remove the link icon and change that to an image of my own? Thanks.

Comments

• Hey,

similar solutions were already described on this forum so please take a look on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/523/portfolio-page where we explained what files should be modified.
  • I've read that discussion and was very helpful in removing some of the buttons so thank you. But I should have explained better, what I meant was how to remove the small chain link icon. I want the button and linking ability to stay but to change that small icon to a custom image of my own or possible to text.
  • So if you want to change icon or text, you need to modify functions/theme-functions.php file. There is function called mfn_post_thumbnail(). You need to modify lines as below:
    $link_after .= '<a href="'. $large_image_url[0] .'" class="zoom" rel="prettyphoto[blog]"><i class="icon-search"></i></a>';
                if( $image_links ) $link_after .= '<a target="_blank" href="'. $image_links .'" class="external"><i class="icon-forward"></i></a>';
                $link_after .= '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'" class="link"><i class="icon-link"></i></a>';
    In each link icon is as example below:
    <i class="icon-link"></i>
    and you need to modify this part of file.