Remove all metadata from Portfolio Item

edited June 2014 in Portfolio
How can I remove the metadata (date, author) and the share options in the Portfolio items for each portfolio item ? Thanks.

Comments

• For that, please use below css in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS section:
    .single-portfolio .post-meta { display: none; }
    .single-photo-wrapper .share_wrapper { display: none; }
  • Thank you. There is still the date appearing, though...
  • Maybe you have cache plugin installed and activated because we tested this code and it works. Please maybe try below with !important instead:
    .single-portfolio .post-meta { display: none !important; }
    .single-photo-wrapper .share_wrapper { display: none !important; }
    But if this won`t work, then means problem is with cache in theme or in browser.
  • Is there a way to get the share box in the center for all of the posts, pages, portfolio, etc?
  • Please make a screenshot of how you see it centered and we`ll see if this will be possible.
  • I have placed the codes you gave me + others that I picked on the forum to remove all meta data from the portfolio items, but there still is the date and the arrows as you can see on the image below:

How can I delete them from all portfolio items?

Here's the page link

Here's the code placed in custom CSS
    .single-portfolio #Subheader { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-header .button-love { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-header .title_wrapper { margin-left: 0; border: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-meta .author-date { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-meta .category { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .fixed-nav.fixed-nav-prev { display: none; }
    #Footer { background-color: #545454; }
    #Footer { text-color: #ffffff; }
    #Footer { note-color: #ffffff; }
  • For those 2 things, please use below css:
    .single-portfolio .post-nav { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .project-description { display: none; }
  • Hi,

I'd like to remove the Date below the picture....

Thank you in advance
  • @AyindeTorres If you mean single portfolio page, then please use below css:
    .single-portfolio .project-description { display: none; }
  • @muffingroup When using the below the title doesn't left align completely, it looks like there's around 10 pixels more to go before it left aligns completely

• @Superlight3000 What and where exactly is not aligned left? Please send us url to page you mean and also make a screenshot of what would you like to do.
  • Hi
    i put in css this:
    .single-portfolio #Subheader { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-meta .author-date { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-meta .category { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .fixed-nav.fixed-nav-prev { display: none; }

and there still left things to take off...

is it possible to make picture wider (with no empty space)
    and take off the date?
  • edited November 2014
    i want to make same as on betheme https://yadi.sk/i/KVqFFifAchAF9
    beshop/portfolio/single project/video
    pls explain how to do it!!!! .........
  • edited November 2014
    .portfolio .post-meta { display: none; }
    .single-portfolio .post-header .title_wrapper { border-left-width: 0 !important; }
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .share_wrapper { display: none !important; }
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .image_frame { margin-left: 0 !important; }
    .single-portfolio .portfolio .project-description { display: none !important; }
    .single-portfolio .post-nav { visibility: hidden; }

this helped!

one little thing left see https://yadi.sk/i/IDCYZ582chejj
  • @erkintazh Where is the url to page where you want to move video to left side? Because we are not sure if this can be done and we must have a look on it.
  • To do what you showed on screenshot, you must remove border which is around image inside portfolio items. And this can be done with below css:
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .image_frame { border: 0 !important; }
  • Will this also work on gallery?

I need to remove the descriptions when folks click on gallery images on this page:

Thank you!

Bradley
  • I used the following code:

.single-portfolio .post-header .title_wrapper { border-left-width: 0 !important; }
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .share_wrapper { display: none !important; }
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .image_frame { margin-left: 0 !important; }

It worked for at first, but now it is not.

Again, I am trying to do this for the gallery linked above.

Thanks,

Bradley
  • edited November 2014
    it worked for me, COOL! i entered in the /BeTheme-options/layout/custom css/ these lines
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper .image_frame { border: 0 !important; }

and got rid off (in portfolio section) the share box, arrows in the top, and LOVE button, and date below main picture, also my pictures and vodeos are on same line as below information.

thanks!
  • @erkintazh Glad to hear that it works for you. But instead of files, you can use css in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section as whole content from this section is stored in database and you won't lose it while theme updates :)
  • Hi, this post is really useafull, i just want to remove the featured image, but let the share buttons as they are, is this possible? thanks
  • @grupobwt So you mean to remove only feature image from single portfolio page? Is that what you mean?
  • Hi, i would like to remove only feature image from single portfolio page. Is that possible?
    Thank you
  • @Namarko Yes, you can do it with below css:
    .single-portfolio .single-photo-wrapper { display: none; }
  • HOW CAN I DO THE SAME BUT IN BLOG POSTS?

• @clubedemidia For single posts, you can use:
    .single-post .single-photo-wrapper { display: none; }
  • edited February 2016
    Hello, 

if you hide HTML lines containing <h1></h1> ("display:none;" is still in source code), it will undoubtedly have a negative impact on SEO.

Is there a was to completely disable this section in functions.php or in single-portfolio.php using child theme ?

• @Flegme If you know coding, then everything is possible. But if you ask us for customization, we won't be bale to help unfortunately because in reference to Item Support Policy files customization are not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact with your website developer.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Ok i will code it then :)

Thanks !