BeTheme Options page stops working [muffin options saving]

edited September 2014 in Theme Options
Hi guys, I installed BeTheme and everything went as expected. But when I install one plugin, lets say Slider Revolution, the Options page stops showing the options (even though it still shows the menu); if I install two or more plugins, the Options page doesn't load at all!

I was creating a website for a client (inside my FTP) and everything worked well, but today I'm re-creating this very website inside my client's FTP and the aforementioned problem occurs.

Any idea what may be causing the problem? FYI, I already increased allowed memory size of PHP, because I tought lack of memory would be the problem, but apparently it is not. 

Comments

• I have just noticed that the problem is bigger than I imagined. When I activate the plugins I installed, the entire Muffin Builder stops working!
  • Hi guys, I'm sorry to bother but I ended up solving the problem myself.

On wp-config.php I added "define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');" and it wasn't working because apparently 64M is not enough, so I changed it to 256M and now it works as expected.

I didn't solve this problem earlier because I had no idea I could define 256M to memory limit – I thought the maximum value was 64M.
  • Hi,

we really appreciate your explanation here. And yes, you're right. If muffin options is not visible, it means you have not enough memory size and you did exactly what you supposed to do. We're glad all is fine now :) Once again thank you for this message!
  • This trick doesn't work for me.

What I found and worked, was to create a PHP.INI file in the wp-admin folder with the line:

memory_limit = 128M

(or whatever you want to make it)
  • Ok. Thanks for the information! :) We're glad it is ok now.
  • edited January 2015
    I have the same problem and I've tried several methods, including the ones mentioned in this topic (php.ini with [ memory_limit = 128MB or 256MB ], [ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128MB'); ] in wp-config.php). I've also tried to modify .htaccess with [ php_value_memory_limit 128MB ], which gives me internal error 500, and command [ ini_set(’memory_limit’,'256M’);] in wp-includes/cache.php. Nothing works. Also the hosting refuses to help me on this. 

By the way, I'm now using the WP-Memory-Usage plugin, and with all my current plugins activated, it says this: Memory: 70.49 of 96 

The only way I can access muffin options is by disabling all plugins. Any ideas to fix it? 
  • @mateusandrade The only ideas to fix it is switching to better hosting as current one is not able to handle plugins and all options. Definitely server do not have enough memory or server is split between too many users and this could be also the reason why it does not work as should be.
  • @icee , thank you so much for this information :D you saved my life :)
  • Within my installation of BeTheme the Plugin "The Events Calendar" made Muffin Options stop working.
  • @nebukatnezer We used this plugin and we guarantee it's not a problem. This plugin uses some RAM and while plugin is activated, nothing left for muffin options. If you will use this plugin and deactivate few others like Rev slider or something else, you see it will start working again. This is only the RAM issue.
  • Hello,

I have done every thing but my Betheme options not working. I have dedicated server. Please check attachment image file and url for our server php configuration. Please advice me what i do.

I am waiting for our positive response.

Regards
    Sanjoy
  • @papasweet Everything was explained in this topic and we are 10000% sure you did done everything. Your "dedicated" server must be very poor then and limited if is dedicated. Deactivate all plugins that you got and you see that it should work.
  • http://wp.mid3pixel.com/next/info.php have you check this url?

Our server is best. But can you tell me which server configuration you need run your theme. 
  • What is the best? Settings under this file? Our admin can do such settings any time we want even on server for $1. These values have nothing to what really happen on server. You see 256MB memory but maybe you got 25MB in total. Did you turned off plugins to check if muffin options works then?
  • I did turned off all plugins but not running option section. Then what i do... Please explain me asap...

I am waiting for your positive response. 
  • The only positive responsive you will get from your server administrator only because this is the only person that will be able to help you in this case. Attributes like upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, post_max_size and memory_limit must be increased on server side.
  • http://wp.mid3pixel.com/next/info.php 
    Please check this url and tell me which one need increase....

I am waiting for your positive response.
  • Settings from php_info() function have usually nothing to real settings on server side. Server admins can easily cheat these settings to show different values then they are set. Btw we gave you the list of variables that should be increase above. Except them, you should increase max_input_vars as well to 10000. These are the only settings we know. But if this won't work, we have no idea what else could be wrong with the server settings.
  • I will check and get back to you asap...
  • It doesn't work the page option and i added to wp-config the define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    what can i do ?
  • @harris_res This change on your side may not work if there is not enough memory on server side. You must contact with host admin in this case.
  • Hi, if your Hoster is 1und1 you have to consider following problem:

If you set a maximum memory value which is higher the the value included in your package the server will ignore your input and set the default limit. 

e.g. your memory limit is 120 MB and you set 128 MB --> this will be ignored 

you have to set 120 MB

Also The PHP version is default 5.2, you have to set it to 5.6

Best regards
  • Hello. My BeTheme options don't work. I have the php.ini configuratio bellow. My memory_limit is 120MB, and all my plugins installed only use between 25 and 30 MB. Where is the problem?

• @sebapalomares Please deactivate all plugins and check then Muffin Options panel.
  • My BeTheme don't save changes, i deactivate all the plugins, but not save changes change logo, favicon.). The Muffin Options works good, when i apply changes only don´t work and send my wp-admin to the home page. (sorry for my bad english) 
  • @ouichefmc All limits responsible for this behavior where described above. So if you are not able to sort it yourself, you should contact with your server admin.
  • Hi,

I fixed it by adding this code to the config.php file:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

I also increased server to 256 MB.

Anyway, I think would be better to optimize resource consumption in order to get a lighter Theme; please notice that if we assign 256 MB to every site hosted in our server soon we will be out out memory.

Thanks 
  • I must agree with @hecarot . It would be ideal to have it optimized somehow.

In my case, I simply can't access the options. As I mentioned before, I've tried several methods, and I use one of the biggest hosting services of my country. Betheme is a great theme, but this issue is a huge problem for me. I'm unsatisfied, to be honest. 
  • @hecarot, @mateusandrade Some of you wants more and more every day: options, features, etc while for some of you theme does not work properly because of server limits. So how can we reconcile these 2 things? Because we really have no idea. It's just impossible to have more options and features and optimizing the theme in the same time. This theme is already optimized as much as possible.
  • Hi @ouichefmc, happens to me the same problem, you solved? You can help me? Regards.