I can't change color on Top Header background

edited June 2014 in Theme support
Hi

I can't change the color on Top "Header background" for some strange reason, I am trying to change the color from Betheme Theme Options/Colors/Header/.
The color change next to the "Header background" but not on the website. I do not forget to click on the "Save Changes".

Or do I have to change some text in a *.css file related to the top header background color?

Comments

• Hey,

please make a screenshot (attach on it which background section you mean) and also send us url to your page and we`ll give you right solution. We need those details because users define different backgrounds section in different way and we need to see it. To send us screenshot you can use http://snag.gy
  • Ok!

My maiden language is not english so I hope you will understand my small issues.

I am making the site local on my computer, but I uploaded it to an temporary site and got more issues.

I want to change the back color on the orange marked, but I can't do that from Betheme Theme Options/Colors/Header/
    http://snag.gy/DKSRB.jpg

And now i got an issue with the words "About", "Blog" and "Portfolio" , I want to have spaces between them.

http://ockult.se/alent/

• Another theme I use have an option to change the top header color, but I can't see where I can change that color in this theme.

Header Top Background Color

any suggestions?

• At this moment we don`t have possibility to change it from muffin options section but we`ll add this possibility with future updates. In your case, now this can be done only within css like below:
    #Action_bar { background-color: #E2E2E2; }
    But menu doesn`t look good because you didn`t created any. What you see on image is not menu, this is just default list of pages created. To create menu you need to go to Appearance > Menus section, create menu and then assign created menu as "Main Menu" in the same section in "Manage locations". More info about wordpress menus you can read on http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/

Hope all will be clear :)
  • Thanks!

• edited June 2014
    So there are no easy way to change the top header background color! ! !. So we without any skill have to stick with the 7 one you have in this theme, or figure out which css file the command "#Action_bar { background-color: #E2E2E2; }" should be in. Google here we come again. ;)

found it inside themes/betheme/css/layout.css

Thanks again

• @vafan We added option for this bar yesterday in update and now this color can be changed from Theme options > Colors > Header section. But we do not recommend to modify theme files because you will lose all changes if you decide to make theme update in the future. That`s why we created Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS section and you won`t lose any of changes because everything is stored in database.
  • Yes I saw that in the update section, the new be|theme update are really nice.

• Hello I had this same issue before and with this new design2 demo is happening again, tried the same solution u gave me before but doesnt want to change it keeps being white. 

www.leadchi.com

I wanna change the white colorof the action bar for other but doesnt work.

Thanks
  • @dlinden2 Do you mean Action Bar or just the Top Bar? Because we do not see any Action Bar on your site.
  • I gues is top bar, i wanna change color where the menu is .
  • It's the Top Bar then. It's background color, you can change under Theme options > Colors > Header section.
  • Similar issue here but mine is the #Header_wrapper that has a color but I see no place to adjust it in the beTheme options section. Is this only solveable with custom css?
  • @FBarros82 Header Background option is also located under Theme options > Colors > Header section.
  • hi i want to change the navy blue header wrapper color to my custom color. No color changing option is changing that. It is the default Navy Blue color right behind the header bar.
  • i used custom code for now but it should have the option.
    #Header_wrapper { background-color: ******; }
  • @fasieh Header wrapper background can be changed under Theme options > Colors > Header section but you must have CUSTOM skin selected.
  • edited April 2017
    The solutions didn't work for me. I am using the "media" template on betheme. So my action bar (or header, idk) is a sprinkled dark grey. I changed every dark color value (header, action bar, menu, headings) but nothing changes this layout. I also pasted "#Action_bar { background-color: #E2E2E2; }" in the css/layout file, but it didnt change anything at all. Any ideas on how to change that?

EDIT: Found it. It's in the custom CSS section flagged as important, so I couldnt overwrite it.
  • edited April 2017
    Hello,

I have problem with mobile appearance at http://sentris.co.id.
    I use HR template.

Problem: Top bar text is not readable in Mobile

Please advise ho to change Top bar backgroud color in mobile or how to change Top bar text color

Tks. image

• use this css
    #Action_bar .slogan {
    display:block !important;
    }
  • I gues is top bar, i wanna change Header background where the menu is .
    I can not change it for transparency
    I did headers style classic
  • yoren77
    Please check the transparency options in theme options>global>general
    thanks
  • just want the home page also transparent.
    how should I do
  • Those options are only global, you cannot make one page's header transparent only.
    thanks
  • edited November 2019
    Hi

I guess i face the same issues not being able to change the font color of my header.
    As far as I can see the color is inherited from somewhere, but no css shortcode is working so far.
    Want to change this blue color to white.
    Tried already all color settings - no result.

EDIT: Found another style setting to change it.
  • Glad that you solved it out.
    Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Thanks
  • Not at the moment, but I will surely come back to you soon ;-)
    Thank you
  • i cant change background color of headings.... i want to put them white, but even i do it in settings and press save, it stay the same.