Change input background color

Hi,

I have tried to change the background color in the contact form input tag.
I added this in my custom.css :

input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, textarea:focus, select:focus
{
  background-color: #b7b7b7;
  border-color: #db0b30;
  color:#0F3;
}

The border and the color have changed, but not the background-color.
So I opened the variable.css file to change it directly in the beginning.

BUT in this file the background attribute in indicated as IMPORTANT
input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, textarea:focus, select:focus {
        background-color: #E9F5FC !important;
        border-color: #d5e5ee;
        color: #1982C2;
    }   

Can I change it anyway ?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

please do not modify any theme core files! What we recommend now is go back to original theme files and send us url to page where you have contact form and we`ll find right css to change background color for button.
  • OK.
    Here is a url when the issue happens :
    http://www.accrochecoeur-nantes.fr/contact/

Thanks.
  • To change this yellow button background color, please use below css:
    a.button_theme, a.tp-button.button_theme, button, input[type="submit"], input[type="reset"], input[type="button"] { background-color: #000 !important; }
  • Sorry, but I don't want to change the button background color, but these tags

input[type="text"]:focus, input[type="tel"]:focus, input[type="password"]:focus, input[type="email"]:focus, textarea:focus, select:focus

which are blue when you click in it.

• I test it again with the !important information, and it works.
    Thanks and sorry to disturb.

Cheers.
  • For people interesting, here my code

{ background-color: #CCC !important;
      border-color: #db0b30;
      color:#626262;
    }
  • Ohh sorry. We thought you meant something else. But we`re glad you found right code for your needs. Thanks for explanation!