Smooth scroll within a page

I understand from the documentation that I can add the word scroll to the CSS Classes field in a menu so that clicking on the menu activates smooth scrolling to a custom id on the same page.

However, I want a user to be able to click on a link attached to a page item (e.g. an Our Team item) that points to the custom id of a section further down the page and have the same smooth scroll. In other words, they are clicking within the page, not on a menu.

I have tried adding the word scroll to the Custom CSS classes field in the section I want to scroll from and tried adding it to the section I am scrolling to. However, all I get is a jump rather than a smooth scroll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please bear in mind that my understanding of CSS is limited so if you could spell out exactly what I need to enter and where it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for a great theme.

Comments

• Hi,

please send us url to page where you got those links and we`ll see if this will be possible. We need to have a look on it first.
  • This element does not have smooth scroll because it is not possible to setup scroll class for element. This can be only done within theme files modifications but we do not recommend to do it because while future updates you will lose them. But we`ll think about this possibility while future updates.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Thank you for that. I agree that fiddling with theme files is something best left to people with more skill than me :)

I do hope you introduce this in a future release. It really makes for navigation within a page that looks very professional.

As an example, the Enfold theme does this in a way that works well, is easy to use, and uses a similar concept (sections with unique ids) to Be.