Woocommerce translation files missing after theme upgrade from 17 to 17.5

Dear Support, 

I have upgraded the theme from 17 to 17.5. We are using the site in Hungarian language, and after the upgrade I have noticed that 2 string has been changed on the cart page of the Woocommerce site.

Apply Coupon and Update cart string has been changed back to English from Hungarian, and I have found no way to translate them. 

1. When I want to add a new language into the them, it says that the setup is not complete. 
2. When I try to locate those strings in the English translation using Loco translate, they can not be located. 
3. When I edit those strings in the English PO files, nothing happens. 
4. When I edit those strings in the Hungarian PO files, nothing happens. 

So it seems to me that those strings have benn hard coded....

Please review version 17.5, since we are not able to update the theme. 

Best regards,
Andras

Comments

• Hi, You can use this plugin in WPML to translate this elements.
    Hope this helps
  • No, it is not helping. 

As I say, I suppose the string is hard coded, can not be translated. 

Loco Translate could translate it for me, no?
  • We do not support loco translate so we cannot say anything about it.

please be so kind and send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to explain your issue in the messeage very clearly.
  • Dear Support, 

The problem is the following:

After update to theme version 17.5, some strings have turned to English. 

These are on the cart page: apply coupon and update cart. 

Please tell me how to translate it with WPML, because I was not able to find these strings in strings translations of the theme. 

Please provide print screens if you can. 

Best regards,
    Andras

• The explanation should be in the email.
  • Dear Support,

Would you please resend the email to this e-mail address: andras.szell [@] psprovocative.com?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Andras
  • please be so kind and send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to explain your issue in the messeage very clearly.
  • Dear Support, 

I have sent you the login details. 

I think I was quite clear about the error. 

AFTER THEME UPGRADE TO VERSION 17.5, I AM UNABLE TO TRANSLATE STRING ON THE CART PAGE: "APPLY COUPON" & "UPDATE CART".

To reproduce the error please go here: 

Please add the item to your cart after selecting values for the variable product. 

Than please visit the cart page: 

You will be able to see the English strings.

A print screen which is showing the error is available here: 

I have tried to use multiple ways to translate:

1. Betheme options
    2. Loco Translate
    3. WPML

Neither way is working, WPML string translation is not finding the strings "apply coupon" and "update cart" within betheme.

I am waiting for your answer, and the login data is sent to you in email as instructed. 

Best regards,
    Andras

• This is the topic that I have opened, "thanks" for showing me. 

So theme update is not working from 17 to 17.5?

Best regards,
    Andras
  • I HAVE DELETED THE WHOLE THEME, AND I HAVE REINSTALLED IT USING ENVATO MARKET PLUGIN. 

IT DID NOT HELP.

So how should I update?
  • I have deleted the whole theme now with FTP, and I have downloaded the theme again from Envato, and installed it again with FTP. 

I am using WPML String translation to find and translate these 2 strings, BUT THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT THERE. 

WPML String translation is not finding them. 

PLEASE PROVIDE A PRINT SCREEN WHICH SHOWS THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO TRANSLATE THESE STRINGS!
  • Can you please just do what we are telling you to do.
  • Can you please just do what we are telling you to do.
  • I have done it. 

You told me to delete the whole theme and add a new one. I have done it. What do you mean?

Would you please be more specific? What theme do you mean?
  • Betheme?
    You probably have removed the child theme, you have to remove the main parent theme and install a new one. remember to replace all files, do not overwrite them.
  • I have deleted all child themes, and BETHEME itself. 

Than I have uploaded Betheme again through FTP as I have written it. And I have activated it again. 

So I did NOT only remove the child theme, I have reinstalled bethem itself 3 times so far. 

Deletion was made first time through admin panel, second time through ftp. 

Upload was made through ftp.

IT DID NOT HELP. 

COULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A PRINT SREEN ABOUT STRING TRANSLATION WHICH SHOWS THAT THE 2 STRINGS ABOVE CAN BE TRANSLATED?
  • I have also opened the .PO files which were bundled with the theme. There is no "update cart" and "apply coupon" string in the files. 

AND I have found them:

They are hard coded in betheme / woocommerce / cart / cart.php

YOU GUYS SIMPLY SEEMS TO FORGOT TO ADD THESE TO TRANSLATIONS. 

• This is what we are talking about, on line 139:

<?php if ( wc_coupons_enabled() ) { ?>
    <div class="coupon">
    <label for="coupon_code"><?php _e( 'Coupon:', 'woocommerce' ); ?></label> <input type="text" name="coupon_code" class="input-text" id="coupon_code" value="" placeholder="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Coupon code', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" /> <input type="submit" class="button" name="apply_coupon" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Apply coupon', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" />
    <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_cart_coupon' ); ?>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<input type="submit" class="button" name="update_cart" value="<?php esc_attr_e( 'Update cart', 'woocommerce' ); ?>" />

The submit buttons labels are encoded in php.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, EPERTORTA!

Let me help you )  Be, as theme developer, - does not forget anything. That all in woocommerce.po.
    WooCommerce just updated to 3.0 and tomorrow morning to 3.0.1/ And to translate everything in it - extremely easy. Only yesterday I' he installed 3.0 and translated ALL in rus and lt. No problems. And I do not use any wpml... Only .po and .mo.
    1/ after Woo install just go to wp-content/languages/plugins - there should be your language woocommerce.po and .mo
    2/ copy them to your folder in comp.
    3/ Download the latest woocommerce as an archive - unpack in a folder
    4/ Cope the original woocommerce.pot file from the plugin dir /i18n/languages to the dir where your po and mo are
    5/ start editing your language po file and at once UPDATE ALL strings from pot file
    6/ translate what you want - and copy back to wp-content/languages/plugins .po and .mo
    All )

ATTENTION TO MUFFIN.
    I wrote couple times, but the error here ) woocommerce template file cart-emty has the string:
    ( 'Return To Shop', 'woocommerce' )
    and should be
    ( 'Return to shop', 'woocommerce' )
    capitalization is matter... If not to correct - the button Back to shop (when the cart is empty) leaves untranslated...

Best regards )
  • Dear Dino127!

Thank you for the information. I have not updated to Woocommerce 3.0 yet, since there are a bunch of plugins which should be checked for compatibility first. I am planning to update in a few months. 

But regarding to the language files of Woocommerce previous version, I was able to find these strings in Woocommerce 2.6.14, but they are already translated there.

So can it be that Betheme new version is missing the compatibility with Woocommerce 2.6 version? 

Translation of these strings in Woocommerce 2.6.14 are not picked up by the theme!

Best regards,
    Andras
  • uff and one more again )
    Muffin - today's morning, after 3.0.1 WC update - there is 1 outdated file. Just in case...

betheme/woocommerce/content-product.php    version 2.6.1 is out of date. The core version is 3.0.0

but everything is seamed to work well...
  • hmm... Andras - one more idea )

look twice ( I have wasted so much time once...) in BeTheme Options > Translate > Enable Translate THERE SHOULD BE OFF! without that the theme will not use .po
    And sure check: the woocommerce-hu_Hu.po and ..mo should be at wp-content/languages/plugins dir.

I do not think - that there is no compatibility with 2.6.14
  • Hello Dino127!

Thank you, I am checking it. Right now I am trying to update to Woocommerce 3.0, and continue from that point. 

Thank you for the help!
  • ok! but backup everything!

If anything - I can install 2.6.14 at my test site and check what is going on...
    Good luck!
  • Hello Dino127,

After upgrade to Woocommerce 3.0, it seems to work. The translation files are picked up by the theme.

I don't know what I am missing, maybe a simple "sync" language files is enough. I have to check it.
  • great! but check the shop in whole. 3.0 - has the diffrent inner structure...
  • Yeah, now I have a lot to do...:)
  • I have upgraded to Woocommerce 3.0, and Betheme 17.6. 

I have deleted all files and copied them again to the server. 

Now I have one new string which is not translated: it is located in cart-empty.php and it is "Return to shop".

Again: the only way I can translate this is by creating a child theme and translate in the php file....
  • Hi the only way is to copy that file (cart-empty.php) to your comp and change capitalizing
    Return To Shop  > Return to shop in the file. And move back to Theme... This is Muffin mistake and it will be corrected soon.

I wrote couple times, but the error here ) woocommerce template file cart-emty has the string:
    ( 'Return To Shop', 'woocommerce' )
    and should be
    ( 'Return to shop', 'woocommerce' )
    capitalization is matter... If not to correct - the button Back to shop (when the cart is empty) leaves untranslated...