Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

Filter excluding a category

edited January 30 in Blog
Hello,

I am testing the BeTheme.  In the page "Blog, Portfolio & Shop - Blog", I have written a category in "Excluded category" because I don't want it shows in the filter. I have set the filter to show only categories BUT I don't want the excluded category.  When I look on the site, I see the excluded category.  

How can I select only category in the filter without the excluded category ?

Thank you,

Comments

• Please sign in to see answear!
  • I used the BeTheme options.  When I asked for filtering only on categories, it works. But when I tried to exclude one of the categories, it does nothing.

I clicked on BeTheme; Theme options; Blog, Porfolio & Shop; Blog.  

In the section "Options", in the field "Exclude category", I have written the category that I want to exclude.  In the field "Filters", I have selected  "Show only categories".

• I don't use a blog item.  For now, I just make some tests on BeTheme to understand how it works. I didn't change a lot of things.

So I didn't add a blog item.  I use the blog the way it was set by your company using BeTheme - theme options only.  

And I tried to exclude a category from those options and it didn't work.

Should it work or not ?

• I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  The changes I made in "Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog" changes the setup of the page "Blog" and not the "Home page".

In settings>reading, I had set the same thing that you showed me in your screen.

I speak about the blog page and not the home page.  I have made some changes to see how the menu react and it changed in the blog page.

For the blog page, I used the one you have set as "Articles and stories", the default one, imageand I didn't use a blog item.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "blog item".  Do you mean in a page, if I click on "Add item" and click on "Blog" ? I didn't do that.

Click on the link below.  I explain what I have done.

• That was so simple !  Thank you very much !