Betheme safari - is crashing a few times! Need help!

edited June 2017 in Theme support

Hi,
i'm working with Betheme - "safari" is a one page design. After few times loosing some parts of it, i restore the website now i'm on the latest version and again is something wrong! The Background pictures get in the wrong size and place on her own and i don't know why and what is wrong! I'm scarred to loos again parts of the side!

Sorry my english is not perfekt i'm from Germany.
Would be great if someone help me.

Comments

• Hi,

please go to your FTP, create php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us link to that file so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    wow i did it! :-D It's the first time to do this kind of things...

Have a look if it works please.

Thank you.
  • HI,
    Please contact your hosting provider and increase the PHP version on your server. Also disable maintenance mode and show me on a screenshot where is the problem exactly.
    thanks
  • edited June 2017
    Hi,
    How can I show you a screenshot??

• Thank you! 

You can see that the picture isn't on the whole page. So now i found out that first is a problem with the parallax and second also i think, with the php time limit. 
    PHP Time Limit:120 - We recommend setting max execution time to at least 180.
    PHP Max Input Vars: 4000 - Max input vars limitation will truncate POST data such as menus.

I tried to change it but i did't found the write way because there was no file for it.

• Settings like time limit or max input vars, can be increased by your admin/hosting provider directly on server side. You won't be able to increase them yourself. What should be increased:

max_execution_time - right now it's 120 and should be 180
    max_input_time - is 60 and should be 180 as well
    max_input_vars - 4000 should be ok

However, if this won't help, please create another page and check if the same thing happens because the problem might be with some wrong data on this page.
  • edited June 2017
    Hi there,
    I am getting the following notification from betheme management page on a new wordpress installation:

-PHP Time Limit:

30, Minimum 60 is required, 180 is recommended. I contacted hostgator and asked them to increase the PHP Time Limit but they replied that this is not feasible on a shared environment. Should I proceed with the set up of the Betheme in such a kind of setting?
  • @nikoskalatzis So you are saying that 30 seconds of time limit is maximum for your hosting? We suggest to change hosting provider then because you will met much worse problems in the future with such poor server.
  • Hi,
    My current hosting provider is HostGator. I have contacted
    their support a couple of times in order to change these settings but seems that this is not possible.

I think that this is quite serious for both BeTheme and Hostgator.
    The fact is that BeTheme version 20.0 can't be supported by Hostgator's WordPress Cloud Hosting. (https://www.hostgator.com/managed-wordpress-hosting)

Given that Betheme is a very popular wordpress Theme and Hostgator is one of the leading Hosting providers, I think that you two should resolve this is issue directly.

Until this is resolved, can you propose me a hosting provider that offers the adequate hosting service for Betheme?

• Sorry but we cannot promise that, you should first contact your hosting provider and ask them if the theme will work on their servers.
    thanks
  • I have contact Hostgator's support three times for about one hour each session. They are trying to upgrade some of the php settings but nothing happens at the end.
    They also have a list of php settings that are not changing based on their policy:
    https://www.hostgator.com/help/article/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed

I am still having the following values :
    PHP Time Limit  30
    PHP Max Input Vars  1000

Tha funny thing is that these parameters are not in the list of the settings that cannot be changed, however they can't change them...

So can you recommend me a hosting service provider where the Betheme version 20.0 will work without any problems?

• Like I said we cannot recommend any hosting. Please find a hosting that support more than 1000 max_input_vars and 128mb of memory_limit
    Avoid cheap hosting, like godaddy or hostgator.