How can I change background alerts? [Alert css colors]

edited January 2017 in Theme support
Hello,

I would like to change green background in alert to more dark. Where can I add new hex color?

Regards,
Art

Comments

• Hi,

we guess you mean SUCCESS alert. To change background color of this alert, you need to use the following css:
    .alert_success { background: #000 !important; }
    .alert_success .alert_icon { background: #000 !important; }
  • Thank you very much :)
  • Muffin sorry but I have a small problem. I added css code to rtl.css but nothing happen. Should I change sth else? Help, please.
  • Each custom css should be located under Theme options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section.
  • Oh sorry. Thank's. Everything is ok.
  • Muffin group you are great. I have one more question.

I would be very grateful for your help because I have the education site and I have many alerts.

I know how can I change the background and thanks ou very much for this but I have a problem because I would like have the same background in every alert - white and black words. I don't know how can I have a black font?? And I would like to have a white background with color frame. 

Please help me. This is the last question. I promise!
    Regards,
    Art

• You mean to change background to black and font to white for each alert, like Warning, Error, Info and Success?
  • Yes please, I am looking for the answer of this question, Could you please suggest me?
  • @WD_MaceIT Ok, so to do this, you need to you the following css:
    .alert_warning { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_warning a { color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_warning .alert_icon { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }

.alert_error { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_error a { color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_error .alert_icon { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }

.alert_info { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_info a { color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_info .alert_icon { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }

.alert_success { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_success a { color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_success .alert_icon { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
  • Thank you.
  • Dear muffingroup

i used the css displayed above to adapt the alert messages in woocommerce. 

all of them are working well except of the .alert_warning and .alert_warning a

whatever colorcode (hex) i place in - the color stays as it is (yellow) and the text doesn't change either. 

can you pls advice, thx in advanced. 

link to my site: https://oasiz.ch/

best
    elias
  • Hi,
    have you tried adding !important at the css statement?
    thanks
  • yes, my code looks like this:

.alert_warning { background: #000 !important; color: #FFF !important; }
    .alert_warning a { color: #b2947c !important; }
    .alert_warning .alert_icon { background: #0c4744 !important; color: #b2947c !important; }
  • no - i mean the one "your cart is empty" that appears when your in the shop but havent anything in your cart and try to checkout.

The one you showed in your print-screen is correct, that one works - im speaking about the one that stays mainly yellow - only the .alert_warning .alert_icon works fot that one. Whyever...

• This is the css for the main bar color, the icon color and background are already set in your custom css 
    .alert_warning {
    background: blue !important;
    color: red !important;
    }