Visual Composer needs access to something via ftp, but I don't know what. Get an error.

Since the Muffin Builder isn't compatible with Revisions, I have to use the Visual Composer and have done so on several sites with the BeTheme. However, I'm trying to use it on a new site but keep getting an error when I change settings. It asks for ftp connection info which I provide, but I then get this error:  You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

I've tried to use the Visual Editor without this access and it just won't work. So I currently can't use the Visual Composer or the Muffin Builder. I much prefer the Muffin Builder but have lost my content several times when trying to use the Muffin template system.

Comments

• Hi,

the error you mentioned above is not related with theme at all. If you look at Google you may find some possible reasons of what is happening on your side. However, in accordance to Muffin Builder, if you missed something, would be great if you can create extra wp instance for us with theme and the templates on which you lost the content and send us access to your dashboard and FTP so we can re-create this issue on our end and find where the problem is.

Thanks!
  • This is fixed now after updating the plugin. However, the muffin builder template system removes current content whether I try to add it before or after the current content, every time. Such a waste of time.

The site I'm working on is hosted by someone else and I don't have the time to have them copy the site for you to test on. I'm not the first person to complain about the lack of revisions and will just be moving away from the Muffin Builder, and ultimately, unfortunately, the BeTheme.
  • Sounds like you are unable to save the content only because of the limits on your server side. More details about that you can read in the following topic http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/7689/muffin-builder-items-or-page-options-can-not-be-saved-max-input-vars