Customising Portfolio Pages - What's possible?

Hi there,

I've not been able to see anyone else ask this question the way I want to, so a post is necessary.

I am currently working on a site based upon BeTheme and would like to use the Portfolio function for an aspect of the site. However, I am not keen on the pre made layouts provided with the theme, as all of them are heavily image-based and I would primarily like to display my portfolio items as text (kind of how they look when you mouseover the images on the pre-made templates - some of the key details + text).

I would like to know how viable this is and the best way to go about it? I would like the layout changes I make to be in addition to the options provided within the theme and to not be lost when the theme or site is updated.

The general idea is to have the portfolio post title, a snippet of the post contents and some of the key facts (Website etc.) that can be entered in the custom fields as the items which are displayed.

I would also like to know if it is possible to add more custom fields (categories such as website etc.) to the system as well.

I'll just post this to see what feedback comes back as there's no point writing an essay!

Thanks..

Comments

• Hello,
    BeTheme does not have functionality to add new Custom Fields through the theme options, you would have to add it by yourself, manually.
    Of course, you can use other styles of Portfolio, check all of them on our "Splash" page, you'll surely like one of them.

Hover the "Portfolio" menu item and you'll notice the mega-menu with all possibilities to use our "Portfolio" feature.

Good to know is, that you can use our "Muffin Builder" to create your own "Single Portfolio" page instead using the pre-built layouts.
    Thanks