Navigation/header area not working when "Responsive" enabled...

I have a website working exactly the way I want it when running locally under DesktopServer.  When I upload it to my hosting provider (A2Hosting) however, the "sticky" main navigation menu at the top of the screen is missing as long as "Responsive" is enabled.

The way it should look is like this (screenshot when running locally under DesktopServer):

When I upload the website to my hosting provider (A2Hosting) and have "Responsive" enabled, the same page appears like:

Curiously enough, if I disable "Responsive", the menu reappears.

Any idea what is happening here?  For what it's worth, this behavior just started the other day - it was working just fine on the live site prior.  Since the problem reared its ugly head, I have wiped everything (including WordPress) completely off the hosting provider site, reinstalled WordPress anew and re-uploaded my site - same result.  Could this behavior somehow be caused by something mis-configured on the hosting provider's side?

** Additional curious piece of information **
If I view the website (from any computer) using IE11, the navigation appears fine.  If I use any other browser (again, from any computer) - Chrome, Firefox, Edge - the problem appears.  This is not a caching anomaly - I have recreated the problem on several browsers, on several machines, from several locations...

My current theme configuration is as follows:
  • Global | Layout: Full width
  • Header & Subheader | Header | Style: Classic
  • Site: SirruX.com
When I look at the page source (in Chrome) when the menu is not being displayed, I can clearly see that the code for the menu is indeed present and wrapped in a DIV (class="menu_wrapper"). Could something be suppressing this class causing the menu to not be displayed or would that have broken something else?

Thanks in advance for any-and-all guidance.

Comments

• Same problem here on latest update :(
  • roaxdesign:

By way of "misery loves company", I suppose I'm somehow heartened that I'm not the only one experiencing this behavior!  What I don't understand however is why it works on my local machine but not when loaded in production on the hosting provider's site.  What could account for that behavior?
  • 1 other website with BeTheme has the same problem right now :(
  • Hey guys,
    to fix the problem you need to install the theme again. Please remove the theme completely and then install the newest version available from themeforest. After the installation, please delete your browser cache.
    We advise to make a backup before you start.
    thanks
  • @Sirrux

I'm still having the problem, how about your site? It's happening in version 17.8.5. right now :-S
    Trying to find the bug in the .js because there is an error in the console:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    scripts.js:26 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'disable' of undefined
        at scripts.js:26
        at scripts.js:2477

I can seee the  <dib class="mennu_wrapper"> with the responsive-menu-toggle appear in the code, but it's not able to load somehow, When i resize the browser the mobile-menu appears, but you can't click on it, it doesn't do anything besides a # 

Are we the only ones?

@MuffinSupport

I did the whole thing you advised, but even on diffrent laptops / desktops / mobile phones it didn't work.
    1. Deleted them from within WordPress.
    2. Logged into hosting provider's File Manager and confirmed that all remnants of theme were completely gone.
    3. Downloaded latest theme (17.8.5) from ThemeForest.
    4. Re-installed theme.
    5. Cleared every cache known to man - both on client and hosting provider.
    6. Problem still persists.
    7. Went through same process on my local copy (running on DesktopServer) - no problem.
    Only difference between my symptoms and yours is that I'n not seeing any errors - it just doesn't work right!  I'm pulling my hair out...
  • @Sirrux, did you also tried the latest version? 17.8.6 ? i'm still having the same problem,
    The other site the problem also remains:

Story so far:
    Menu is gone, tried every browser, no menu. But then going in Incognito mode and the menu pops-up (strange). The normale browser with a clear cache is not working (weird).

But then:

1. Login to dashboard, menu appears again!
    2. Log-out dashboard, going to a new laptop / pc / whatever, the menu is working again?

This works for a few hours and then the problem comes back.
  • @roaxdesign Please send a link to your website
  • @muffinsupport

www.winkelstadschoonhoven.nl 

The menu is there right now (responsive mode off) but the dropdowns aint working. Also the back to top reloads the website and starts at the top instead of scrolling up. Also when i say sticky on scroll the button won't appear.

It need to stay this way today (big event right now) so i can't do much today. Tomorrow i'll put the responsive mode on so you can see the problem.

• Support:

I have (again) wiped everything clean on my website with respect to BeTheme, downloaded the new "latest" (17.8.6) from ThemeForest and installed it back into my WordPress site but the result is still the same.  Everything works fine in all browsers when run against my local DesktopServer website.  When it is installed on my hosting provider (A2Hosting.com) however, the main navigation menu at the top of the screen is not displayed except when viewed using Internet Explorer 11 (specifically v11.332.15063.0).  All other browsers tried do not display correctly - Google Chrome 58.0.3029.110, Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0 & Mozilla Firefox 53.0.3. If I disable Responsive in the BeTheme options panel, the menu does show up but, of course, responsive behavior is lost. I have replicated these results on multiple machines at multiple locations using multiple different internet service providers.

If it helps, you may private message me and I will make my website available for administrative access. Please advise.

Thank you.
  • edited June 2017
    @muffinsupport i've deactivated responsive mode and the menu is gone, like @SirruX wrote in his last comment, some old browsers looks like it's working, but when i reload a page the menu disappears.

The problem is when the responsive mode is enabled also the .js is not working properly. The 'back to top' button just reloads the page, and when i put it sticky on scroll there's no back to top button to see.

UPDATE
    I've tried to install a new site on a new host (different hosting) gues what, still the same problem? Downloaded a new fresh install from 17.8.6 from a fresh desktop. No extra plugin's added. The other website i had problems i was talking about in a different topic (is closed now i guess) are suddenly gone? But www.winkelstadschoonhoven.nl still has the problems.
  • edited June 2017
    @roaxdesign You do not have the latest theme version, your version is 17.7
    Not all files have been updated, so please go to your FTP, remove the theme completly and install the theme also via FTP
    Disable all plugins as well.
    thanks
  • @muffinsupport:
    I would love to find out that the problem I'm experiencing is somehow due to not having the latest-and-greatest version installed however I'm confused as to how you are concluding that I am running version is 17.7.  Right now, if I log into WordPress admin and navigate to Appearance | Themes, I am presented with one-and-only-one theme - "Betheme Version: 17.8.6":

I installed version 17.8.6 from scratch yesterday.  Prior to that, I was running version 17.8 5 (again, installed clean on Saturday 06/03/2017).  Before upgrading the last two times, I first deleted the existing theme from inside WordPress admin (Appearance | Themes), confirmed the deletion of the theme by checking for the absence of the betheme folder underneath wp-content/themes, installed the latest theme by performing an Add New from inside Appearance | Themes and then activated the theme.  Am I missing a step?  Is there some place that my hosting provider could be holding on to a piece of the old theme?  If so, please tell me where to look so that I might inform them to fix the problem.  When I do a View page source on my home page inside Chrome and search for "17.7", it doesn't find a single instance.  If I instead search for "17.8.6", it finds 14 instances of the string "ver=17.8.6".  Again I'm confused...

For what it's worth, the hosting provider has a File Manager utility that provides me with a search functionality.  Is there a specific file I can search the entire site for that would reveal the source of the problem?

I am at your disposal to try anything to remedy this problem ASAP.  Thank you.
  • edited June 2017
    Sorry the last response was for roaxdesign
    What is the link to this website, we are quite confused.
  • @SirryX did you use W3 total cache?
  • @muffinsupport:
    The website in question is http://SirruX.com.

Yes - I was using W3 Total Cache but I am not currently.
  • @muffinsupport:
    sorry about the v17.7 mistake - I obviously didn't read your post correctly...
  • @muffinsupport

That's strange, this is my Theme version?

• I have nothing more to add here. I already did tell you to delete the theme completly from your FTP and install the newest version from themeforest. You both have corrupted files and console erros to prove that. Your issue is common and it is caused by installing the theme incorrectly.
    @sirrux You have a child theme that has some imports in the css, which is not ours and also the main themes css is not showing up. I have no idea what changes you made. Install the newest theme, then install and activate the child theme, make only updates to the parent theme.
    @roaxdesign You have updated the php file regarding the theme version, but the css files are not updated at all, please see your version here:
    http://www.winkelstadschoonhoven.nl/wcs/wp-content/themes/betheme/style.css

For the last time, remove the theme completly, download the newest version and install via FTP.
    INSTALL VIA FTP NOT WORDPRESS because your server is limited and the installation via wordpress is getting you nowhere.

• @Muffinsupport

Hosting checked out the FTP, saw the style.css file with 17.8.6.
    But the internet does see 17.7. like you do, we're into this to check out where the problem is.
    I'm going to give it a last shot with 'Cache-Control' maybe there's a problem there.

But like i mentioned before, this was also at a different hosting, and like you said we did it that way (always) through FTP, not in WordPress. Also at a clean domain and FTP. I'll keep you guys posted if we find out something at server-level. 

• @muffinsupport:

Per your comments:
    1. Up through the very last re-install, I followed the installation instructions explicitly - I always used FTP not "Add New".  I only tried it this very last time out of desperation because everything else I had tried had failed to fix the problem.
    2. My child theme was unused.  When creating a WordPress website, I usually install "Childify Me" - a WordPress plugin that automatically creates a child theme so as to segregate custom CSS changes from the active theme's CSS. By default, Childify Me adds an import at the top of its CSS to bring in the parent theme's CSS (below):
      Regardless, I have eliminated the child theme from the equation.
    3. To adhere to your latest instructions and start with a clean slate, I deleted the child theme, deleted the Childify Me plugin, deleted the existing BeTheme (using FTP), and re-installed the latest BeTheme (using FTP).  I have no custom CSS and I haven't modified any WordPress or BeTheme files in any way.  The problem still persists...
  • Then this could only be the servers fault.
    We did not test this plugin "childify me" so it can mess up the theme. Please use our child theme that is included in the package.
  • @Muffinsupport

The problem here was a cache-control function at our hosting, they managed to get out the glitch (that's why you have seen a different style.css). It's working good right now! Thanks for the all the help, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Grts,
  • OK - after spending more than three weeks redesigning my website from scratch, I finally have it working exactly the way I want it running locally using DesktopServer.  Confident that whatever was causing my previous problem(s) had been fixed by completely starting over from the beginning, I loaded the new website to my hosting provider and voilà! - I'm still getting the anomalous behaviors I reported a month ago... <grrr>

Weirdness includes:
    • Main navigation menu (top) is not showing unless Responsive setting is disabled
    • 2-row x 4-column Feature List on home page is not displaying correctly (the feature which should be displayed in row 2/column 1 is being displayed in row 3/column 1)
    The current website was re-built from scratch (no legacy files from old design were used).  The latest version of BeTheme is being used (v20.2) which was carefully installed following all instructions. No child themes or unusual plugins are installed.  I have tested the website with all but essential plugins deactivated yet the problem(s) persist.

It certainly seems that something on the hosting provider's end is causing grief with respect to BeTheme operation but I am at a loss as to what it might be (I have plenty of other WP sites running on the same provider with no problem).  Any advice as to what to check would be GREATLY appreciated.  If it helps, please be advised that the problems I am experiencing go away if the site is viewed using IE 11 (very weird).  Neither Chrome nor Firefox display the site correctly....

The site in question is http://SirruX.com.  I will gladly give you login credentials if it helps.

I really like this theme and have repeatedly recommended it to other developers - I do not want to switch to another.  Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • This issue is very often seen on this forum and it is caused by the user cache plugins configuration. Please disable all cache you have on your website. Some times this may be also caused by the server-side cache. You will need to ask your hosting provider for that.
    thanks
  • Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately. I have deactivated and removed all client-side caching (I was running W3 Total Cache) and disabled all server-side caching provided by the hosting provider (A2Hosting.com) - no luck.  I also contacted the hosting provider and asked them if they had any server-side caching mechanisms in place for WordPress users beyond those I had already disabled (TurboCache) and they indicated that there were none.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

** THOUGHT **
    I am running CloudFlare.  Could this be somehow causing these anomalous behaviors?
  • Have you tried disabling it ?
  • Wow - disabling Cloudflare immediately fixed both of the problems I've been fighting for 6 weeks!  Now for the million-dollar question - do you have any idea why this is and is there some way to make BeTheme compatible with Cloudflare?  I'd really like to use it as it significantly improves page load performance while adding a number of security safeguards.

Thanks (again)...
  • Sorry  but we do not know why cloudflare is not working, we do not support it.