"Icon Bar" Icons not Displaying Inline

Hello!

I have two questions about the Icon Bar shortcode styling in a footer widget.

1) I have placed two icons using the Icon Bar shortcodes in a footer widget. The icons display fine, but they do NOT display "inline" as the bar icons should --- as seen in the footer of the BeTheme default. In my theme, these icons display "stacked." Is there something I need to do to have them display "inline" or as a bar?

See Shortcode Below:
[icon_bar icon="icon-twitter" link="#"  target="_blank" size="small" social="" ] [icon_bar icon="icon-facebook" link="#" target="_blank" size="small" social=""]

I added a span style to try to force it to look the way I want, but it still doesn't display properly.
<span style="display: inline-block; margin: 0 10px; float:right;"> </span>

How can I get the "Icon Bar" icons to display inline in a footer widget?

2) In the Icon Bar icons, I would like to remove the background stripe image and change the background color to red (#de4337). I've tried to change it using custom CSS, but it doesn't seem to affect the Icon Bar. Is this the proper CSS item to edit ".icon_bar .icon_bar_small" ?

/* Icon Bar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */
.icon_bar .icon_bar_small { background-image: none; background-color: #de4337; !important; }

THANX!

Comments