Category Description won't show on Category page

Hi!

When I try to add a description to my categories, those descriptions are nowhere to be found on the category page. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything to check or fill out before I can use this feature?

Comments

• Hi,
    What do you mean? COuld you give an example of where it was used in our theme?
    thanks
  • edited July 2017
    In my category "locations" I add a description text in the field "description" and save it.

When I open up the category page "locations" there is no category description visible.
  • Do you have an idea what went wrong?
  • Please send a link to this page and point to it.
  • The site isn't online yet, so this won't work. I really wonder why it is so tough to understand what I mean.

I want a specific picture and text above my posts on each category page, because I want to put the category pages directly into the menu instead of creating a new page for every single blog category.

When I use your description field on the category itself, the stuff I put in there doesn't show up on the category page. That is my problem. Even if my site was online yet, I couldn't show you the problem, because the content I refer to DOESN'T show up... If it did, I could point to it, but then I had no problem.
  • Have you seen any example of this on our demo websites?
    Do you mean the menu description??
    The background for the category pages is the same as the main blog page, it cannot be changed.
    thanks

Please open up one of your post categories in your admin panel under posts>category.
    Once you've opened the category, wordpress shows you the list of all your categories and asks if you'd like to open a new category.
    In both cases (a new category or an existing one) you have the possibility to add a description in the field "description". To reach this field for an existing category you just have to click on the edit button below the existing category.
    If you fill in a description there and save the category, the description should show on the category page on my website, right?
    For example... I have a page called "Locations" in my Menu. Below this page I want to put several Category pages in hierarchical order, which then should show the posts that fit the category. That works fine.
    Problem is... the Category description I added in the first step as shown above, won't show up on the category page, which makes the top of my category page empty and boring and without any description for the reader whatsoever.
    I can't make myself any clearer than this... :)

Thanks in advance
  • Yes, this is included in our theme and should be displayed under the subheader. If this does not display on your page we cannot help without seeing the website and checking the code. Please send a link when it is online.
  • daniellarsson
    Could you give more details, what is not working?