Portfolio permalink mixed with post permalink

Hello,
it seems that portfolio permalinks are generated with both BeTheme portfolio item settings and default WordPress permalinks for blog items. While setting a permalink for blog like this - "/blog/%postname%/" portfolio links also rely on "/blog/" part which makes no sense. This should be separate.

Comments

• Hi,
    Wordpress was created as a Blog CMS so it is based on posts. Portfolio is also a custom post type so it is based on the same thing. It is a wordpress limitation and we cannot do anything about it.
    thanks
  • edited October 2017
    Hi,

this isn't always the case. I believe it's a matter of implementation. For example - WooCommerce products also are custom post type and yet they have separate section in WordPress permalink section that allows users to set basic posts with /blog/ and products with /shop/ and those two don't collide.

I've also done some websites on Uplift / Atelier and all of their custom post types (portfolio / galleries / team / directory / faqs) have different sections in WordPress permalinks section. Each of them can have a custom base. This also makes custom post permalinks translatable with WPML.
  • Thank you for this information, we will look into it and try to implement it into our theme. Of course there is a possibility to modify the functions in our child theme for more advanced users. The file responsible for the portfolio custom post type is located in functions/meta-portfolio.php in the betheme catalogue.
  • I can PM you the code responsible for permalinks from Atelier or Uplift themes for you to analize if you wish. They use their own framework plugin to set this up but it looks like they are using the default WordPress router for custom posts.