Create a long page with multiple portfolio items

Hello,

I need to create a long page which displays all of the portfolio items from a category, each in it's own section. I will then make each section full page. Note, each portfolio item is the full content that would usually appear on it's single page.

How would I do this?

Chris.

Comments

• Hi Chris,

the only portfolio page you can do, can look like this one on our demo http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/portfolio and if this is what you mean, then we do not have anything else to recommend. Just check our portfolio layouts, because we have some and maybe one of them will perfectly fit to your needs :)
  • thanks for your reply.

No this isn't what I'm wanting. I will have this layout of the portfolios grid layout on my home page. However, currently when you select a single portfolio item it then opens that portfolio item in it's own page. 

I want each portfolio item with it's complete content, to stack up on a single page. So if you selected a portfolio from the grid on the home page it would then open the portfolios page and then scroll down to that actual portfolio item.

Is there a way of creating a new template that prints all portfolio items from a category?

Is there a shortcode for each portfolio item which I can then place within a content blocks in the portfolio page. I can then manually build the portfolio page?

If not my fallback is to actually build the portfolio page top to bottom by manually adding each portfolio and it's content. The issue is I'd be doubling up the work.

I also need to adapt the link info of the portfolio item in the grid format on the home page so instead of it linking to it's own page it links to the portfolio page and hash tags to it's position.

Any help you give to aid me with this would be fantastic.

• So unfortunately we do not have anything like that included into theme. About creating, of course it is possible like everything but if you ask about it, means that you don't know coding and won't be able to do it. In this case you should hire developer who will be able to make those modifications for you.

Thanks for understanding!
  • ok. I understand. 

Can you let me know how to edit the portfolio list template as I may be able to do it with this.
  • For any changes is always responsible website developer so you must contact with your one and only he will be able to help you.