Where can I place the google adwords convertion tracking code?

Hi, 
I want to add the adwords convertion campaing tracking code using Betheme Options. Could you tell me where should I place it? I tried to insert it in SEO options/ remarketing code, but I think it's not working properly.
Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

you need to modify theme files. If you want to paste this code before opening body tag, you must do this under includes/header-top-area.php file. Without files modification, it won't be possible unfortunately.

Thanks!
  • Anything new regarding this?  I need to put a Adwords Conversation Tracking Code on our Contact page. E.g. I need to put the tracking code on a page like this: http://themes.muffingroup.com/be/business2/contact/

Thanks in advance!
  • @kmbold Like we wrote above, you need to modify theme files if you want to add Adwords Conversation Tracking Code.
  • Ok. I obviously saw what was written above, but MuffinGroup always adds new features so I thought I would simply ... (drumroll)  ... Ask. 

Thanks.
  • Hi, I need put google adwords convertion code, but I need to put different codes on every page of my website, also, instructions say that this code should be between <body> </body> tags. Where can I edit every page of my site to do this?

Thank you
  • @idxwptheme Because you want to paste different codes on different pages, you should contact with your developer as it's not easy thing and requires many customization in theme files.
  • Do you mean the theme developer? How can I contact him? It is not throuhg this forum? Thank you.
  • No, we mean your website developer who is responsible for any changes in theme files. What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you must contact with your web developer.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Ok, I am the web developer, I build the site using muffin builder. So, I can edit the files, the problem is that I don´t know what files and where are that files, I need your help to know that, please.
  • @idxwptheme If you are a developer you supposed to know that such modification need to be done by you because like we wrote above, such files customization are not included. For the pages are responsible different files like: index.php, includes/content-single.php, includes/header-top-area.php and header.php files.
  • Bit confusing as here you are saying use the  includes/header-top-area.php file, but in your  Feb 2016 answer you give different file i.e. header.php:

muffingroup 
    There is 2 files responsible for header: header.php and includes/header-top-area.php file but like we wrote above, body tag is under header.php file. We did checked it twice. And like you wrote above, this change requires file's customization.

I Googled this question and suggestion was to use plugin:  

AdWords Conversion Tracking Code

• Hey,
    you could be right, remeber that this answer is almost 2 years old and we made some changes to the theme.
    thanks
  • Just to let you know I inserted script for telephone into header.php which works fine, and Google support set up email tracking independently and didn't insert script into header.php

:-)