Blog displaying full contents from latest blog post before the excerpt loop

Hello,
I've just updated the site that I'm developing to 6.5 and now whenever I open the blog page I'm greeted with complete content from my latest article. It looks like this:

Header
Subheader
Latest article (full width, all content)
Blogroll
Footer

It always displays latest article that matches the loop. If I try and filter the content with a tag for example, It'll display whole latest article that fits the tag and the loop right after.

It happened after the update to 6.5.

Any ideas?

Comments

• It's sitting inside div with class "extra_content". I haven't seen it before the update.
  • Hey,

please send us url to your website because we must have a look on it as we don't know what could be the reason.
  • I'll have to upload the site to my server as it's still a WIP on my localhost.

What I've found so far:
    1. Disabling "SEO by Yoast" partially fixed the problem. However, there is still an empty DIV with class "extra_content" being displayed which was nonexistent on Be v6.4. I can disable it with "display: none;" but it shouldn't be there and it is worrying.
    2. After some more research, I've found that disabling Open Graph features in "SEO by Yoast" also fixed the issue by not including blog content inside the "extra_content". The plugin states that it includes the extra data inside the <head>. Perhaps it's interfering with some functions introduced in Be v6.5, hence the misplacement and an extra div?
    3. The "extra_content" div lives on main portfolio page and blogroll (I'd say - on pages with loops).

I'll let you know after I upload the WIP site on my server. However, it's almost a gigabyte of data so It'll take some time.

I'd appreciate any information you can find on the matter by using the info I've provided. The problem didn't exist on Be v6.4 (I even tried swapping versions from 6.5 to 6.4 to confirm that the problem doesn't appear on 6.4).

• We already sent you more details on pm. And if you have further questions related with this case, please reply on private messages only. Thanks!
  • Could you post the answers up here please? I'm having the exact same problem (so I'm sure others are too) and I don't see why we need to hide the fix away in a private message?

Thanks.
  • @thedcc We don't remember where the problem exactly was because usually problems are related with plugins. Please deactivate all plugins and check if this helps. If help, then please activate plugins one by one to check which one is guilty.
  • It's Visual Composer.

From their changelog, version 4.4.3 released 12.03.2015:

- Yoast now is parsing content of VC

I assume everything should be working fine now, but since I've switched to All in One SEO, I can't tell. Also, I don't have 4.4.3 yet since it has to be shipped with Be.

• Ok. We'll update this plugin soon then.
  • same issue with last version updated, how can i do?
  • rg8rg8
    edited December 2015

• @rg8 You did not created Blog page and that's why it does not work as should. If you will read the doc, you will understand http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#blog how it works.