Change the width of posts/blog page

Hi Muffins

I want to change the width on my blog-page (the page containing all my posts). Without sidebars, I feel like it's way to WIDE :(

It's only this page I want to change the width. Here's a link to my page: http://www.lakeside.dk/aktuelt/

Hope you're able to help :)

Comments

• Oh I forgot.

I actually want to change the width of ALL my single posts as well, that the width goes from 1176px (or what it is now in full width) so something like 7-800px
  • edited February 2015
    Hi,

as we wrote in comments section, if you choose “Full width” layout then it is obviously full width and post is the same width as wrapper. We got 2 different wrappers – 1240px and 960px. So if you don’t like 1240px then we recommend to change to 960px in Theme options > Layout > General section. Also in “Layouts” section which is main wp dashboard on the left side, you can create own layout with 960px width and then you can apply this layout only for posts.
  • Hi again Muffins

Unfortunately, it turns out that I cannot use 960px layout for my posts, as my menu is too wide. If I use 960px layout, the menu items will get pushed under the logo, so that my menu-bar is TWICE as high, and look awfull...

I there any way I can change the width purely of the CONTENT of the post, and NOT the entire site (menu, footer content etc)?
  • This is unfortunately not possible because this change will bring many problems.
  • I have found a way to solve my problem.

I'm using the standard WP-content section for my content. Then I select "Hide the content" in the Muffin-builder. Then I add a section to the post, and put in a "placeholder"-element + a "content wp"-element :)

Now i can make my blogs narrower without breaking the design :)
  • Really smart :) Thanks for explanation!
  • Thank you very much, I had the same problem!
  • Thank you MIKarlsen. This resolved my issue. Nice and simple solution