How to get rid of weird Menu jump

1. Go to athomeqc.com
2. Immediately as the page loads, you'll notice a split-second weird Menu jump. The menu shifts from below the logo, to the same line as the logo. Also, there's a black line that appears and goes away.

I always want the Menu to be in the same line as the logo. And I don't want the black line to show on a menu item at all. 

How do I get rid of the black line and the menu jump?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

this is how header works and unfortunately we can't do anything in this case. If your server will load files faster, then you won't see this javascript effect.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Ok, but if I want to customize the menu such that it removes the black line on each menu item, how do I do that?

I just don't want the black line there.
  • To remove this black line above menu items, you can use below css:
    #Top_bar .menu > li a::after { background: none !important; }
  • Thank you, this worked!
  • Quick question based on the following comment...

" If your server will load files faster, then you won't see this javascript effect."

What javascript is causing this to happen? Is this JS for rendering the menu?

I am trying to do some changes to improve page load times on my site (like image compression etc.) but if I do this, will it fix THIS menu jump problem? Or is this a separate issue altogether?
  • So I tested this out on different machines and its the same problem. 
    As the page loads, the top nav is out of place and then slots into place.
    As javascript is loaded on the client end not server end, can you please do something, anything to fix this? 

My client is hating this and has said the site is a NO-GO without this being fixed!!  I've built the entire site using the Be Theme and it would be a complete disaster if its a NO-GO at this point!
  • edited March 2015
    There is nothing to be fixed so unfortunately we can't do anything in this case. Sorry! But if you will send us access to your dashboard on pm then we can play with some options but not sure if we'll be able to find anything.
  • edited March 2015
    The menu is jumping around - so there is definitely something that needs to get fixed. 

Where can I send access info to my dashboard? Is there an email I can send it to, as I can't post it in a public forum.

"will send us access to your dashboard on pm" - what is pm?
  • PM = Private Message. And you can send it to us within contact form which is in right bottom corner at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup but please notice this may take time.

Thanks!